What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Saw

A good movie, I absolutly loved it when I first saw it but now having looked into it further I found a few things that knocked off some points for how good it really was. The first thing I disliked was the middle of the movie heading towards the finale, after a pacey start it just seemed a bit slow and not what was needed before heading into the climax. If the pace had been built up and up towards the ending this movie would have been even better - although the story dictated most of that. The acting also wasn't as good as it could have been, while not being bad there were points which some characters were unconvincing in their roles. On the plus side however the gore was at a particulary good level for "gore" fans and the intelligence shown in some of the situations that Jigsaw places his "victims" in is absolutly brillant. The biggest plus for me though has to be the ending, it makes the whole thing make more sense and if you don't get it up until that point, you will wonder why.

7/10

The Ring (American Version

Watched it again this morning and I still have the same conclusion, the Japanese one is better. This however is really down to the main point that Samara is not as scary as Sadako (Japanese Samara). There is something of a more real feeling to the Japanese version which the remake just cannot grasp in comparison. However saying that the American version is still a very good film, it in some areas expands on the original and makes more intresting additions to the dreaded tape to name an example. The story unfolds well if not feeling a little dragged out in places, especially on the island. Overall though I enjoyed this movie, I enjoyed the story and the effects - although it didn't have the realism of the Japanese movie which was to my liking.

7/10

The Terminal

When I first saw the advertising for this movie going into the cinemas I knew it was going to be a movie I would like, if not love. So I went out and bought it, and was not dissapointed. A lot of credit has got to go to Tom Hanks in this one, he played Viktor Navorski very well and the progression of that character throughout the story made the film what it is. I just love this movie immensly.

9/10

Collateral - 7/10

Pretty good stuff here, not much to say about the movie that hasn't already been said since I am finally getting to see it for the first time. Many have said they didn't really like the ending and I have to agree with them on that note. I did really like the dialogue there between the two right before the action picked up at the end inside the car. Note to self: Don't make Tom Cruise mad.

Now I just got to see Ray.

B00006HBUA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Scooby Doo - 4/10

Bad fart humor and weak performances stop this from being any bit of a good tribute to the show. Still, I give Outkastprops for classing it up with their track on the OST.

B0001MMGC2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You Got Served - 2/10

Still one of the funniest movies of 2004, straight up.

Alien vs Predator: 5/10

This movie disappointed me. I wasn't hoping for anything special, I had read the reviews and stuff... But I honestly didn't care for the movie.

The Manchurian Candidate: 8.5/10

This, however, I did like. Very good movie, Denzel Washington is... well, Denzel Washington, a compelling story, and I was NOT disappointed. Great movie.

Pulp Fiction: 8/10. Jules & Vincent rock hard tits.

The Two Towers: 7/10. Just because I wasn't paying attention to the movie too much, as I was just watching it to pass time while the cable was out. Orcs > you.

Guest Grapehead

A Mighty Wind

Sweet movie, very funny, about a recently passed folk music producer, who's son puts together a concert in his honour, reuniting some of the most famous folk groups that his father produced. Same director(and pretty much the same cast) from Waiting for Guffman, and Best in Show. I highly recommend it.

9/10

Eddie Guerrero: Cheating Death, Stealing Life

Pretty good, but VERY interesting, a lot of stuff I didn't know, and some I did. I also enjoyed the ton of matches included as extras, and the Los Guerreros skits. This is one of the must see WWE DVD's.

8/10

Guest Cereal Killer

Hostage: 7/10

Pretty good movie even if Bruce Willis was basically the only star in the whole movie of any significance. I thought the three young kids did a great acting job in the movie especially Ben Foster.

l_2428768.jpg

Robots - 7/10

Has the same basic plot you've seen from a dozen other movies (and like every animated movie of late, they feel forced to finish on a tedious song at the end), but that doesn't mean it wasn't pretty damn funny while it lasted. Robin Williams is as ever The Man as Fender, and I swear I saw Cat Deeley's name in the credits...though I may have just been imagining it.

Hostage - 6.5/10 - Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie but there was something missing from it for me. I dunno what it could be, but there was some loose ends that should of been tied up.