What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just watched all of the original Star Wars films for the first time in ages. I watched them when I was younger, but I never really took to them like most people did. It's nice to know that, even without nostalgia or first time viewing amazement, that the films completely stand up, and despite some pretty ridiculous dialogue, they're great films within their own right. Very excited to watch the new one now, and tempted to watch Episodes 1 - 3, even if I remember them being pretty bad as a kid, just because. 

Trainwreck. It was okay. Amy Schumer is not likable and so it kind of fell flat as a romantic comedy for me. It may have worked if Bill Hader was shown to be a bit more flawed or if the two had more chemistry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator Genisys - or however the hell you spell it. Thought it was better than Salvation and definitely better than Rise of the Machines. Liked the twists and plot changes, but hated they gave away the biggest twist of all in the trailer. And so much was explained about Skynet by one casting choice...

Spoiler

No wonder they couldn't get rid of Skynet for good. They should be looking for a blue police box that's bigger on the inside and destroy it! 

On 28-11-2015 at 20:21, Jimmy said:

Carol is my favourite film of the year by far, even with my hefty expectations. It's the most beautiful film I've seen in forever, and just incredible work in front and behind the camera. 

I'm just here to quote Jimmy and totally agree with him.

Just saw The Night Crew. Is it weird that I rate Danny Trejo higher than Steven Segal as an action movie guy but I've never hated any Segal movie I've seen but this now makes 2 Trejo movies I've ended up not liking?

Watching the Man from UNCLE as we speak, pretty good thus far.

PIXELS - We decided to watch it because it was one of the presents Heidi got for her son, who is an Adam Sandler and Kevin James fan, For video-game nostalgia, I give it a B+ (No Dig-Dug? WTF?!) I more or less figured out what the deal was with Peter Dinklage's character before they actually revealed it, but it was still pretty entertaining. One thing that was awesome as hell: 

Spoiler

Max Headroom speaking for the aliens, and it actually was Matt Frewer doing the voice. *thumbs up bigtime*

Avengers: Age of Ultron was solid, they found the right character balance this time around which was missing before. Ultron was a pretty average villain, but to be honest I always thought the same of his comic counterpart, and with the inter-Avenger relationships on show, the villian doesn't need to be too deep unlike most superhero films.

• Like 1