What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

famous.jpg

There are movies you can watch over and over again right?, "Almost famous" is one of those movies. This film brings you back to the early 70's after the Vietnam war ended. It's about a young rock in roll band struggling for the hard hit road of stardum and how a 16 year old journalist puts there picture on the cover of the Rollin Stone. Awesome music and score. Great film all around, and it was tied with Gladiator as my favourite film of 2000.

9/10

2005-5-15-starwars3poster.jpg

I reviewed it in the other thread. Loved it. 2nd best in the saga.

9/10

The Sting: 9/10

Now if we're talking real real 9/10 movies - those ones that are nearing perfect in plot, cast, music, the whole shebamm, then The Sting is it.

Robert Redford and Paul Newman munch up the script and add pure charisma to a magnificent film.

One of the first great 'con' films and a film you HAVE to see....

Episode 3: 7/10 I'm not a Star Wars fan really but i've seen Episode 2 and I saw this and it was pretty good. I like bad guys though so Anakins heel turn rocked :)

Chasing Amy: 8/10 Slowly working through the films in the Kevin Smith universe, Dogma, Jay and Bob etc. Just need to see Clerks now. Liked this one, funny and also a bit different with the romantic angle. Black Rage!

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Chasing Amy 2/10 - There aren't many films worse than this, I love JASBSB and Clerks, but this? this was fucking disgustingly terrible.

B00066887A.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dodgeball - 8.5/10

I liked this film, I thought it would be a let down but it wasn't, great stuff. Love the part when they are getting hit by wrenches, classic. And the necrophilia comment was great. Only bad thing imo was that it was so short.

Edited by Gooner4Life

B0006J28L4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Malcolm X - 8/10

Spike Lee has an odd reputation for making brilliant thought-provoking cinema...then making weak, overrated cinema. Fortunately, his portrayal of the life of Malcolm X goes into the former, with such films as Do The Right Thing and 25th Hour. What really helps the three-and-a-half-hour epic shine is Denzel Washington's performance as the civil rights leader. His performance as Malcolm X ranks somewhere along with his solid performance in Glory. Of course, Mr. Lee has to chime in, with his rather weak acting, but his appearances are rather brief and don't cause that much of a problem in the story. But Lee still succeeds at making a liberating and empowering portrayal of one of the most influential men in American history.

Garden State - 10/10

I fall in love each time I see Natalie Portman in a movie, and even more so when it's a down to earth role like this one. Goddamnit.

The sweet parts with Braff & Portman make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I want something like that. I know it's a movie, but... damn. I want a relationship like that.

Great fucking movie.