What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

poster-skeletonkey.jpg

5.5/10

Great atmosphere and acting with an awseome end(that twist just hit me, and almost made the film for me), but as for the plot leading up the awesome end...well it was a paint by numbers thriller, and I'm just being nice. One more thing an extra point is given just for Kate Hudsons appearance in this film :wub:

Red%20Eye%20poster.jpeg

5.5/10

In terms of plot, this is the exact opposite of The Skeleton Key.....great things happen leading up to the final act and then the film just falls apart.

B000A3DFV8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Stewie: The Untold Story - 8/10

Funnier than "The Wedding Crashers". I don't think there are many greater compliments I can reasonably pay this straight to DVD release. It completely captures the spirit of the TV show, while making it feel somehow bigger, kind of like "Beavis And Butthead Do America" or the South Park movie. Thumbs up, a must see for fans of "Family Guy".

Red Dragon: 8.5 out of 10

One of the better thrillers you'll ever see. Edward Norton is superb as Will Graham, and in my eyes, it's one of the rare occasions where the film outshines the book.

Suspect Zero-8/10-Loved the concept and Ben Kingsley is godlike.

Hostage-6/10-Love Willis but this was too much like Die Hard

Sin City-9.5/10-This movie was god-like and there were a lot of good quotes. Only bad thing was that some of the quotes were kind of dumb.

White Noise-8/10-I liked it, but I can't really explain why.

Back to the Future III 8/10

Good, better than the second, and maybe better than the first. Good film, enjoyable. Really can't think of anything to say about it. Maybe 8's been slightly generous.

Battle Royale - 10/10

It's got so many swerves in it. Normally, I don't like "kill" films, but after seeing and being (albeit for a short time) in the Cube version, I had to see it. It's brilliant, and if you've not seen it, go and buy it. Now.

6305428107.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Exotica - 8/10

From acclaimed Canadian director Atom Egoyan and packed with Canadian screen stars, this film will likely do violence to the notion of the well mannered, reserved Canadian, to those who are unfamiliar with the thirty million people who live to the north of the USA. It tells the interconnected story of several individuals living on the outskirts of Toronto, with much of the film taking place inside a strip club called Exotica. The main feature of this club is Christina (Mia Kirshner), the ex-lover of the club's DJ Eric (Elias Koteas), and among its regulars is Francis Brown (Bruce Greenwood), a man with a tragic past and a mysterious connection to Christina. Francis is in the process of auditing Thomas (Don McKellar), who is desperately trying to conceal a lucrative smuggling operation, and Thomas gradually becomes embroiled in the drama surrounding Exotica. Atom Egoyan is Canada's greatest cinematic export, and his brilliance shines through with this rye dissection of human relationships. The cast is very comfortable and, because of the somewhat numb atmosphere of the film, are able to get away with understated performances. Particularly good here are Mia Kirshner and Bruce Greenwood, both of which have found tremendous success on both sides of the border. This is a delightfully dark examination of loneliness and loss that has an incredible amount of heart for an R-rated film taking place in a strip club. Thumbs up.

The Ring Two: 0/10. The WORST movie I have ever seen. Ok to be honest there are still about 15 minutes left, but to make this anything more than the worst movie I have ever seen all the hottest celebrities would have to burst forth from my television ready to make love to me all night long.

I just don't see that happening :(

"OH MY GOD IT'S JEFFY HARDY AND EDGE~!"

Yesterday I saw Back to the Future III. Wasn't great as I still preferred II over III but then again they filmed both of these almost at the same time. I just thought that II had more continuity whereas III seemed rather disjointed and pointless.

5/10