What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

... Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Really? I thought it was the weakest of the View Askew movies.

Being the die-hard Kevin Smith mark that I am, I can't really comment too much on the weaknesses of the movie....I laugh very hard(and loud) everytime I see it. It's pretty much one of the most "inside" movies ever committed to film.

I got 90% of the jokes the first time I saw it, I get even more of them now.

Notice that I pointed out it was on my "all-time favorites" list. Two other View Askew films happen to be there as well(at #1 and #7).

It's not one of the best movies ever made by a long shot.

B0000VOGOU.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Uptown Girls - 3/10

The few people who I discuss movies with all know that I have somewhat of a passion for terrible movies. I've seen most of the big ones, from Gigli to From Justin 2 Kelly to Loser and back again. Most of them are fun to watch. This movie wasn't. It's not one of those movies that tried to do something crazy and failed, it's just a shitty movie. Everything about the plot and characters screams done a million times before. A plot twist towards the end attempts to turn the film around in tear jerking fashion. Unfortunately it's the circumstance that invokes emotion, not performance or scripting. Since anyone can put somebody in a fictional bad spot, the filmmakers get no credit for that, and the rest of the movie is awful. Thumbs down, and yet another movie made last year worse than Gigli. But hell, at least it's better than New York Minute.

Shrek 2: 8/10

Good and amusing with laugh out loud moments but parts for me missed the mark and it wasn't so "close to the bone" as it wasin Shrek 1.

Worth watching though!

A Knights Tale: 7.5/10

I can't help but enjoy this film. Makes me laugh every time I watch it, really cheesy and feel-good but enjoyable and honest with some good camera work and a twist of midlle-ages with modern.

Capricorn One: 8.5/10

This is always on after midnight but I always watch it anyways. A conspiracy film about a mission to Mars which the top bods at NASA know they don't have the technology for so send off an unmanned rocket and use the three astronauts to fake film from inside the capsule and film the Mars landings in a studio.

Unfortunately the rocket explodes on it's way back to Earth and the three men are officially dead.

So the government have to track down and kill the three astronauts who escape across a desert.

Food for thought with a great plot.....And OJ Simpson!

Saturdays are great for watching films. One cinema, one video and one on TV.

Being the die-hard Kevin Smith mark that I am, I can't really comment too much on the weaknesses of the movie....I laugh very hard(and loud) everytime I see it.  It's pretty much one of the most "inside" movies ever committed to film.

I got 90% of the jokes the first time I saw it, I get even more of them now.

Notice that I pointed out it was on my "all-time favorites" list.  Two other View Askew films happen to be there as well(at #1 and #7). 

It's not one of the best movies ever made by a long shot.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say it's Chasing Amy (1) & Mallrats (7)?

Urban Legends 2: Final Cut - 3.5/10

I bought this about three years ago, watched it and tried to forget about it. But I decided to dust it off (literally, there was so MUCH on it) and tried it again. Still had the same reaction but there were a few good parts with Eva Mendes being the best.

I never understood why they made sequels to BAD movies.

B0000AKY62.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Beef - 6/10

This film takes the original concept of closely analyzing the feuds of the past 20 years in hip hop and spices it up with footage of various battles and performances. It also improves on most hip hop themed documentaries which have all come off as unprofessional (Doesn't hurt that Quincy Jones III produced it). There are parts that lag, and others seem to glorify the violent gangsta rap of the mid-90's, but all in all the message is clear: the leaders of old school hip hop need to step up and remind people that it all used to be for fun. Thumbs up for both fans of hip hop and perhaps for social science majors.

P.S. I don't remember Hit Em Up being featured in the film at all. Weird.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 - 8.5

Better with seeing the 2nd one. Makes more sense. I still think the second one is a lot better, which is why I have seen it twice in 3 days. :)

B0001CNRS4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Honey - 3/10

With every film from 2003 that I see in retrospect, it seems 2004 is looking better and better. This film somehow proves false the notion that you can't take Flash Dance, give it a hip hop theme and produce a product that is actually whiter than the original. I'm no longer entirely sure that Jessica Alba is even a real actress. Maybe she's just a robot, designed to look good and deliver lines like an automatic reader. The dance scenes are very much sub par in comparison to You Got Served, although the acting in both films are on par. This is just another one of those films that are all sentiment, no content. Boy, Gigli seems better and better all the time. Thumbs all the way down, unless you share my passion for awful movies.

P.S. Cameos included Jadakiss, Ginuwine, Farnsworth Bentley, Missy Elliott, Tweet, and inexplicably showcased Canadians Maestro and Shawn Desmond. Most of them still managed to out act Alba.

HalloweenResurrection.jpg

Halloween: Resurrection - 4/10 or (*1/2) Has a very good 15 minutes that proves key to the Halloween films storyline, but the rest of the movie goes to hell.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Sport Boy

The Clerks (6/10; main actor sucked, which ruined the movie)

Dodgeball (7/10; just a funny movie in general)

The Insider (10/10; AWESOME movie with Russel Crowe and Al Pacino, if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it)