Mafia Championship Series Signups

Well sure, but starting strong is important, and starting with something that is contrary to your stated goals is NOT starting strong.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rereading the first lynchpost...wow, that was hideous. I apologize for that one, holy shit. It wasn't that bad before I posted it :pinch:

Hopefully the second one was a bit more palatable.

As for Judge's comments, they're very well-thought-out and that's the kind of thing I appreciate.

To discuss the point; Hajjhowe started the bandwagon on himself. While he most likely did it to try to earn protection (which succeeded, by the way), he also ran the risk of ending the game for himself should he have turned up mafia. That was the checks-&-balances behind to the vote-to-lynch-self option; it might earn you a protection, but it might make the rest of the PB angry because you're not being the least bit constructive (and that could cost you later on in the game as well as the MCS), and it just might kill you and end your round early.

Plus, using up your protection early could hurt you later, because as the numbers dwindle the odds of you being hit go up, and it would be nice to have that protection available near the end.

The other point...might be sound, might not be, that's going to take time to find out and prove.

I'm assuming/hoping that 15 players aren't going to get in a big-ass MSN chat and decide to team up. What they'd agree to do I don't really know, as there's nothing they could do but vote for each other one by one; and even then they're risking that one member on the grounds that he may be mafia and would therefore die, as well as having 14 members available for the random deathstrike as opposed to 1 protected from it.

Rereading the first lynchpost...wow, that was hideous. I apologize for that one, holy shit. It wasn't that bad before I posted it :pinch:

Hopefully the second one was a bit more palatable.

As for Judge's comments, they're very well-thought-out and that's the kind of thing I appreciate.

To discuss the point; Hajjhowe started the bandwagon on himself. While he most likely did it to try to earn protection (which succeeded, by the way), he also ran the risk of ending the game for himself should he have turned up mafia. That was the checks-&-balances behind to the vote-to-lynch-self option; it might earn you a protection, but it might make the rest of the PB angry because you're not being the least bit constructive (and that could cost you later on in the game as well as the MCS), and it just might kill you and end your round early.

Plus, using up your protection early could hurt you later, because as the numbers dwindle the odds of you being hit go up, and it would be nice to have that protection available near the end.

The other point...might be sound, might not be, that's going to take time to find out and prove.

I'm assuming/hoping that 15 players aren't going to get in a big-ass MSN chat and decide to team up. What they'd agree to do I don't really know, as there's nothing they could do but vote for each other one by one; and even then they're risking that one member on the grounds that he may be mafia and would therefore die, as well as having 14 members available for the random deathstrike as opposed to 1 protected from it.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to vote for myself.

On the bright side, in addition to learning I was actually mafia, I also learned I'm Hajjhowe's good friend.

Hopefully Round Two will be equally educational.

EDIT: Why would they lynch you again, Hugar? You're confirmed town.

Edited by C-MIL

Well if you are mafia than you won't die. If we lynch someone new everytime, eventually you will be lynched and if you are mafia you die.

Look at it this way, if you are town and we randomly lynch people you might survive one or two people longer than if we just lynch me everytime.

If you are mafia and we randomly lynch people, we will lynch you eventually, but if people lynch me everytime you won't die.

The goal, for the town at least, is to lynch the mafia. My death proves mafia aren't immune from the random night kills, so townies really have nothing to lose by lynching randomly.

Relynching a townie pretty much defeats that purpose. Sure, you spare yourself losing a player in the day, but in the end, two die at night anyway. All that would do is drag the game on giving no insight into who's who.

Well, I guess we'll see how things go. I appreciate that this is only the beginning of round one, and you seem to be including other set-pieces which'll keep things interesting.

Relynching a townie pretty much defeats that purpose. Sure, you spare yourself losing a player in the day, but in the end, two die at night anyway. All that would do is drag the game on giving no insight into who's who.

To clarify, the odds for the most recent twist were as follows:

I rolled a six-sided die.

1: Dynamite explodes and kills all three explosives choosers. No cave-in, Kaney and SRR are slaughtered in the cave.

2: Dynamite explodes at the entrance; cave-in occurs, no in-cave deaths. Flip coin to see whether or not the explosives choosers live or die (heads was live, tails was die, I think you can tell who got what by the post in-game)

3: Dynamite does not explode; cave-in occurs, no deaths

4, 5 or 6: No explosion, no cave in, Kaney and SRR just die

EDIT: Of all the times for the players to pay attention, it had to be the one time it caused 90% of the players to die in a cave. <_< Nicely done. I had a nice "Haha, you could've won right there if you hadn't saved them" speech all planned out, too.

Edited by oldskool