EU3

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, at the expense of everything else...

Quick update on my "war to end all wars", I shall take the prior list of those who attacked me in the first month and to it those who have done so since.

England - I took their German province and Northumberland, though they were quite tricky to break down so I settled for them dropping their claim to Calais and Gascogne.

Poland - I beseiged them, they beseiged me...white peace. Like I care.

Mecklenburg - They were fighting my ally Austria rather than me. Austria weren't doing too well and had a -9% war score, so when they offered me a white peace I thought I'd allow Austria the break.

Oldenburg - They only have one province and never fielded a single army, so I couldn't even be bothered. White peace out of sheer boredom.

Portugal - Beat the living crap out of them. I captured their homeland as well as the Azores, and was just starting on their Brazilian territories when they offered me a peace deal. They dropped their claims on all my Spanish provinces and I also got the Azores and one of their homeland cores. I'll no doubt be back for more later.

Savoy - Yikes, these guys are scary tough. Not only do they have something like 60,000 troops waltzing around central Europe, but they're led by badass generals as well. I gave them Franche-Comte really early on in the war just to shut them up so that I could concentrate on wiping the floor with Portugal and the African countries. Not before I stole their Manhattan colony though! Hah!

Sicily - They were allied with Savoy and dropped out when they made peace. Never came in contact with their armies.

Algiers - Conquered everything except their capital.

Morocco - Conquered everything except their capital.

Kazan - They attacked my two Eastern European provinces after Poland made peace. I let them have one of them - it's not like they're worth the bother of protecting anyway.

Ottoman Empire - Allied with Kazan, had a massive slapping fest with Austria before the peace between Kazan and I ended it for both of them.

Persia - Invaded my other remaining Eastern European province, which I had virtually nothing to protect with at this stage. Captured it and then...offered a white peace. Hmm, whatever. I took it.

Liege - Annexed the one province that wasn't their capital and made them give up their claims to all my neighbouring provinces (Luxembourg and the like).

Bohemia - Just declared war on me before I saved the game. They're the third major Central European power besides me and Austria. They should be damn tough, but if I can get my troops back up from Iberia in short order then it shouldn't be a problem.

It continues...

Do you have an Intel graphics card? The way Intel have handled Pixel Shader 2.0 (that EU3 needs, and is 90% definately the problem you have) is, frankly, crap :P It SHOULD be able to do it fine, it has all the tools, but due to the way Intel have implemented it, it just doesn't.

If not Intel graphics, do you have an "old" graphics card? If it's an Nvidia card, it won't have PS2.0 if it was made before March 2003 (i.e, if it's not at least a GeForce FX 5200). If it's ATI, they started putting PS2.0 in cards in 2004, so it needs to be at least a Radeon 9550.

So yeah, geeky technobabble aside, it's probably a graphics card issue. If you've got a new one then... I dunno ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

I reduced the resolution in the video options to its lowest, and the demo actually runs fairly smoothly now. I messed around with a game as Sicily last night for a while, but I can't afford to buy the game until I get paid on the 6th.

Sicily was fairly difficult though. It has very little money.