SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Nathan Jones was never in a video game, Thus he is safe and someone saying Nathan Jones on here is cause for celebration!

I was referring to the Undertaker curse.

I think you may have missed the point somewhat.....

For somebody who has already played it and picked up the demo went I went to preorder it, it seems like it could be much better than 07

But it could just be me waiting to rape Smackdown and RAW in 24/7 GM Mode with ECW, which sadly wasn't apart of the demo :(.

But the wrestling part is fun, the new submission deal they have could use some balancing, because I have managed to keep my friend and a cpu in the lock for a good minute and a half without them breaking it or tapping out. Kinda of funky, but fun.

I really hope the CAW is worth it this year as well. 07's CAW kinda sucked to me.

Lashley, Orton, Undertaker and Mysterio.

I was hoping they'd include a new wrestler, never mind. Keeps us waiting I suppose.

On another note, does anyone else wish they would give us an option of turning the action replay for finishers off? It annoys me, I'd prefer just seeing it straight through once.

And I've always thought they should add the WWE logo in the bottom left hand corner, can't be to hard to include, and little things like that just make it more real.

Edited by Gooner27

The logo in the corner would get in the way when matches are between more than 2 guys though. And not really needed. Small details are alright, but the WWE logo in the corner is meh. Game doesnt have to be 100% exactly like television, otherwise we'd end upgetting ad breaks in the middle of a match we are playing.

So, after playing the demo...and being the avid Smackdown fan I am. I really don't think I'm gonna like this years incarnation. Hopefully it's just because the demo's not finished.

But I just can't see why they needed to change the controls, hell they do it every year, and it gets annoying having to adjust to a new setup every year. And they didn't do it for the better as it seems they took out half the move options you could have since right and left grapples are automatically Ultimate control.

Also, I'm pretty sure I hate the styles. I mean they showed all this stuff you could do on those video demos (like with the chairs, and setting fire to tables...) and I think only people who are extreme can do them. (Either that, or it's only in the extreme rules match) But if it's the former, I really doubt there are that many extreme people..It just seems the styles are going to limit gameplay, and take away from the fun. I mean, if I personally like fighting with weapons...I shouldn't have to use Sandman to do it. Hell, maybe I want to do it with Mr. Kennedy. You're telling me I can't??

Maybe in the final game you can pick from all styles instead of just two (But I doubt it...since then you'd have high flying HHH's) then I wouldn't complain, but since I doubt that's the case, really don't think I'm gonna enjoy it as much this year. Although, technically I will since it has the likes of Punk, Burke, Corvon, etc...but controls took a step back for sure.