SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

Anyone with the 360 version care to tell me how to get the Rope a Dope achivement? It doesn't help matters that it is so vague.

"Perform a succesful springboard attack off each side of the ropes."

I assumed it meant do one off the ropes on each side of the ring but when I tried both on a standing and downed opponent I got nothing. You could take it as meaning as literally both side of the ropes, ie in the ring and on the apron but to my knowledge there is no moves from the apron other than throwing a punch into the ring and your standard aerial moves to the floor on the outside.

So, yeah, help please. :shifty:

Use a highflying style wrestler and you have to springboard once off of all four ropes and the attack has to hit, to do a springboard attack just press x when standing right next to the ropes from the inside when your opponent is laying on the mat inside the ring. I did it with Rey Mysterio and the achievement was a bit glitchy as in it unlocked after about 20 springboards so just do one on each rope then keep doing them and you will get it.

I had this glitch as well, I had to just keep doing it off each rope one at a time until it unlocked, so yeah.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I just got it with Rey, kept spamming his springboard and it gave me it. Rey's standing one does have him go to the apron and jumping in ring to do a hurricanrana so maybe that's what it means with the 'both sides of the rope' thing.

Edited by Benji Fucking Sucks

I bought the game about two weeks ago, and played it all that weekend. I have yet to put it back in my XBOX though, because the fact that I cannot be Shad, JTG, or Mark Henry in 24/7 mode just peeves me off. I got stuck with shitty Chris Masters, because I wanted some body young and somebody who isn't all that good.

I'm not sure, I rented this for 3 nights to whore achievements :P and found that the recent patch has fixed a few of the glitches, Online sucks balls.

First match Sandman (me) vs Some cunt dressed in DX with 99 vs some cunt dressed in dragon with 99 vs some guy with 80, Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me.

In the create a player mode, you can choose to be on the ECW brand. Guess you can't actually be that brand in 24/7 mode though, so.

Another question, how to put another wrestler on a table? and how do you perform moves on and/or through the table?

Try Irish whipping them into the table, In other news, I made a tag team on Kennedy and Edge to do the two Tag Team HOF challenges, I need ideas for names, All i have at the moment is "Rated RK-ennedy"

Alright, has anyone here beat the Money in the Bank Hall of Fame task? I've beat it twice, once with The Undertaker and once with Sabu. Here's the fucked up part, it didn't give me credit for it either time. I'm playing on Legend, I have The Hardys, Edge, Kennedy, and Finaly in the match. Yet for some reason, no matter what I do, it won't show it as accomplished after I've clearly beaten the match.

My only other question is, does it have to be a Wrestlemania? It doesn't say it does on the Task Info screen, but is it supposed to be a given? I know with the TLC match, it has to be at SummerSlam, is this one the same deal?

Yes it does have to be at Wrestlemania and I'm sure it does say that it has to be at Wrestlemania in the top right hand corner somewhere but I could be mistaken but even if it does it's not easy to see and alot of people have done the same thing beaten the MITB and then realised they had to do it at Wrestlemania and so don't get the credit.

You have to do the other HoF challenges first like the Bret Hart challenge and the SCSA challenge etc. which unlocks the extra arenas by raising your Hall Of Fame status. Once you've done the match when you've set it up yourself in exhibition you have to go back to the HoF menu before it registers it as passed.

• 2 weeks later...
Picked this up yesterday, and I'm actually enjoying it. For once in a middle-class white male's life, he's the minority.

There's an in-game codes section...what are some/what do they do?

Kelly Kelly's second outfit, and for HBK and HHH singles DX entrance.