You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About last July it came out I think as I got it as a bundle deal with my DS back then. I assume Yoshi is gonna be OK age rating-wise, so I'll just hope it scans if I do trade it in. £40 for both of them sounds good, but Mario is a bit of a classic, so I might just hang onto that one. Still, Yoshi was a present, so instant profit there. (Y)

Bad news about Phoenix Wright. :( I've been playing on the shop DS at lunchtime and played Phoenix Wright. It's made me want a DS. The new detective game looks like fun as does the doctor one and the one where you're stuck on a desert island. I'd think about getting one for gimmicky games. Preowned Lite is £89.99 so knocking 30% off that and my £10 credit note and £40 I'll get off from some other stuff to trade in means minimal costs for me so it might be worth it.

Although Gitaroo Man, MGS: Portable Ops and Locoroco is serving me very nicely indeed.

£69.99 if I remember correctly. I might by lying though. My discount would allow me to buy it at £48.99 which is groovy but I don't want a big clunky Fisherprice style handheld. The DSLite looks and feels SO much better.

Though not in pink, obviously. :shifty:

I have a black DS Lite and I love it. So glad I traded my PSP in for it. i wouldn't bother with Phoenix Wright, it gets boring pretty quickly, and there's no replay value whatsoever. Hotel Dusk looks good, but it's not gotten great reviews. That island game, if it;s what I'm thinking of (Lost In Blue?) looks awesome.

Yeah Lost In Blue. We only have one preowned copy of it though so I'm hiding it until I can get a free lunch to try it out.

I'm still more than happy with my PSP though, especially after trying out Lego Star Wars! What a game! And it ports well onto the little fella.

I just got bored with all the PS2 ports to be honest. I really miss Wipeout Pure though, and I hear there's going to be a new one coming out this year, Wipeout Pulse.

One of my coolest gaming moments ever was with Pure on the PSP. My dad was driving me home form Uni, tearing it down the motorway, and the movement just matched me playing on Wipeout, it was awesome.

Yeah Lost In Blue. We only have one preowned copy of it though so I'm hiding it until I can get a free lunch to try it out.

I'm still more than happy with my PSP though, especially after trying out Lego Star Wars! What a game! And it ports well onto the little fella.

I just got bored with all the PS2 ports to be honest. I really miss Wipeout Pure though, and I hear there's going to be a new one coming out this year, Wipeout Pulse.

One of my coolest gaming moments ever was with Pure on the PSP. My dad was driving me home form Uni, tearing it down the motorway, and the movement just matched me playing on Wipeout, it was awesome.

We accept controllers sure. Basically any consoles we take in need to have one official controller and the scart block (if they're older consoles) or everything that came in their pack (if they're newer consoles)/

I think a Wii is still trading in at £120 or so...Maybe a little lower. Zelda's possibly £25, Warioware a bit lower. You may get £8 for Gamecube controller, a bit more for the Wiimote...

Those are trade prices and NOT cash prices which would be around two thirds of the price. (eg: £80 for Wii)

We have numerous deals for pre-owned consoles which work out cheaper. Various stores have slightly different deals though.

Also, we're open on EASTER SUNDAY and I'm supposed to be working.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be open then but the assistant manager assures me it's not.

I hope we make no money AND something gets nicked (the shopping centre we're next to is shut and they provide our security).

We have numerous deals for pre-owned consoles which work out cheaper. Various stores have slightly different deals though.

Also, we're open on EASTER SUNDAY and I'm supposed to be working.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be open then but the assistant manager assures me it's not.

I hope we make no money AND something gets nicked (the shopping centre we're next to is shut and they provide our security).