You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

Apparantly we're just under the square foot maximum.

In Northfield we're right next to the Grovesnor Centre on Church Road just off the Bristol Road.

No security tomorrow, eh?

SSTB, bring the balaclavers, meet you at the train station.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So, where do you guys find best for trade in prices? I've got a lot more money than I thought I had and feel like splurging on a 360, got some stuff I might as well trade in while I'm there too, so Game or Gamestation? or for those of you that live in the midlands, how does Forbidden Planet do nowadays? It's been about 2 years since I've traded anything in.

Guest Zeokage

Depends on the games and the condition of them really. Gamestation (at least the one I work at) price matches with the Game around the corner, so compare the 360 deals and choose whichever you prefer.

So I took up a load of games yesterday including my US Yoshi's Island and they wouldn't take it as it's the US version. The guy was quite helpful though, and recommended a place near the city centre that trades in imports. I've also got a US Phoenix Wright 2, so might be worth ploughing through that and getting shot of them both at once. On the bright side, the other stuff I took up was enough to get me Hotel Dusk, which looks friggin awesome. :)

So I just shelled out 250 on a new premium package with Smackdown. Granted it's a game I've already got and completed, but 250 is the cheapest I can find one and I want to still have some money for download. Going into town tomorrow to trade in my ps2 and games, I asked in Gamestation today and know it's 30quid trade in for the slim console, any idea how much it is at game? Or for an original Xbox while we're here? At either Game or Gamestation.

Edited by ravenjuice

Guest Zeokage
I asked in Gamestation today and know it's 30quid trade in for the slim console, any idea how much it is at game? Or for an original Xbox while we're here? At either Game or Gamestation.

Well I went into Derby today and traded them in, and oddly enough it was 35 for the ps2 and 20 for the xbox. Got 128 quid trade in altogether on all my old stuff, which set me up nicely with an xbox live subcription, a play and charge kit, and top spin 2 and pro evo, with 33quid left in a credit note (Y) gamestation ftw.

Top Spin 2's a great game. Far superior to Virtua Tennis 3. The PS2 is holding it's value MUCH better than the X-Box though I guess the 360 has been out longer than the PS3. I've decided I'm getting a preowned 360 with staff discount but I'm waiting until the new 360 is released cos our systems are going down to DIRT cheap. That'll tide me over until I can get a PS3 in Japan. (Y)

Top Spin 2's a great game. Far superior to Virtua Tennis 3. The PS2 is holding it's value MUCH better than the X-Box though I guess the 360 has been out longer than the PS3. I've decided I'm getting a preowned 360 with staff discount but I'm waiting until the new 360 is released cos our systems are going down to DIRT cheap. That'll tide me over until I can get a PS3 in Japan. (Y)

When are you going to Japan? I need to play games online with people from EWB on my PS3... in June as my internet sucks for gaming where I currently live.

If you can wait for 12 months....... :P

One guy bought a preowned PS3 today with his staff discount. £269.99 for a six week old console?! Very nice indeed.

When are you going to Japan? I need to play games online with people from EWB on my PS3... in June as my internet sucks for gaming where I currently live.

If you can wait for 12 months....... :P

One guy bought a preowned PS3 today with his staff discount. £269.99 for a six week old console?! Very nice indeed.

Totally off topic from games, but now that Game has bought over Gamestation, what'll happen to the Gamestations that are within Blockbuster stores and not stores by themselves? All I can find on that is from Gamespot:

The concessions run inside Blockbuster stores are not part of the deal, and will "cease to operate under the Gamestation brand" by the deadline date of June 30.

Heard it 9 o clock this morning when I got into work. Decided not to announce it here until someone else did.

We know a guy in the concession in Erdington. They now work for Blockbuster. The new store that is opening in Erdington now has to hire all new staff rather than move them from the concession as they were going to. Jobs will be lost in the concession and it's gutting.

Also, I don't think Game realise quite how much Gamestation employees hate them, although apparatnly they're keeping the two "companies" pretty separate. All managers have to go to a meeting tomorrow so I'll know more Friday when my manager comes in and shares with us. Thankfully we won't have to wear shirts and hopefully won't have to turn off the music or act like stuck up sales-oriented arses like Game employees seem to when I shop there.

1) I'd have thought this would be stopped by monopolies and mergers.

2) The price was far too low.

3) Gamestation makes a higher profit margin than Game and is more successful as a chain.