You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zeokage

Yeah thats a point, I've got a 33quid credit note, is there any chance that it won't be valide after the takeover?

Oh it'll still be valid at the standalone Gamestation stores, I'm just wondering about the ones located inside Blockbusters that may or may not be selling games after 30th June.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring this thread back just have a few questions myself first thing im wondering about game or gamstation is will they buy a ps2 without its box or does it need its orginal box? and other things l ooking at gamestations website theres some good pre owned games on there thing im wondering if i order pre owned will they be all marked up and so bad they wont work cause thats happened to me before which i werent happy about of course, ive asked both question to the shops but yet to have a reply so just wondering if anyone in EWB world has got some answers

I'm certain they'll take consoles without boxes, Game have a supply of their own blank console boxes they sell preowned Machines in - you might get less for them though. Hamster might wander in and be able to confirm that.

I'd guess you'll be pretty safe buying preowned games too, since Game and Gamestation just won't take games if they look like a dog's chewed them.

Guest Zeokage

As long as all the wires are there (and an official controller) then Gamestation and Blockbuster (as I'm now there) will take them. The old GS policy where I worked where you reduced the credit of a trade in if it was a bit damaged doesn't apply at BB with only one price for a game (which will need to be in its original box/case), so in return we're a lot more strict with condition.

Keep the reciept with anything though as you should be able to bring it back if it doesn't work.

At Gamestation we take in preowned consoles as long as they have all the wires, an official pad of the same colour AND the scart block for the TV if the console comes with a scart block.

We take them WITHOUT an official pad BUT we take off the price of a pad for it as we need to sell the console with an official pad.

For example, trade in price on an X-Box is now laughably £20 as the X-Box has no value at all pretty much. A preowned pad costs £12.99. Therefore without a pad we can only give £7.01 for the console! Brilliance!

As long as the console works, hasn't been chipped or taken apart etc then we pay full price. If we have any issue with it we won't take it. A PS2 must play silver AND blue discs WITHOUT having to go into the menu to load them.

I hate taking in old consoles. They always stink and the wires are always a tangled mess. We also get a LOT of 360s traded in AND returned cos they always break cos they have USELESS reliability. I also hate taking in PSPs cos people always bring them in with badly scratched screens.....It's not THAT hard to look after the screen of a PSP.

Guest Zeokage

The price on a big PS2 is now £20 as well. Funny how it took 2 months in the job to be told that rule about the blue discs...

It's a shame we never have the controllers for that generation of consoles though. We'd make a packet on them.

Guest Zeokage

For some reason the XBox has suddenly become really popular. We had loads before the system change, now we hardly have any left. The Crystal and Green consoles are cheaper than the Black console for some reason though. With that comes the "Do you have extra controllers?" question, which I hate having to say no to. Them being £12.99 pre-owned seems steep (but understandable to a point), same with PS2 memory cards (which are £14.99 new still).

Has GS really started doing a 4 for £10 with pink stickers? One of the customers was telling me about it yesterday.

Yeahn £3.99 of four for a tenner. The stickers are ugly though and promote stupid games.

We've also got £4.99 preowned official Cube pads now which is coolios.

You CAN get a decent £10 worth of games though. Off the top of my head - Pro Evo 5, GTA3, SSX and Devil May Cry all come into the 4/£10.