You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Gamestation the fat black PS2 trade price is £40 last I looked (Saturday), MGS2 will get you £3 trade in and WWE will getcha, I dunno, maybe £10 trade.

So £53 trade....Cash is normally around two thirds of that at best.

Cash is for fags (and drug addicts), credit notes are where it's at!

Guest Zeokage

If only you had asked that a few hours earlier, I could have checked for certain when I went into work today... now I'll have to wait until Saturday, but you'll have your confirmed answer by then I guess.

X-Box crystal, and in fact every console must have an official controller, all leads (no bare wires showing) and the scart block. The crystal must have a crystal controller.

I think it's about £35 trade in...I THINK. We've not taken one in, only the black ones but I know Crystal gets more.

You won't get much for a Smackdown game, even hte most recent ones, as they end up with situations like they did a year or so ago, when practically their entire preowned stock was old SDs and FIFAs. They had to get rid of them by selling them off for a quid, AD bought the entire SD series for PS" for about a fiver.

Not meaning to turn this into a "OMG, HAMSTA, WHAT'S THE VALUE OF GAME X" thread, but I'm considering trading in Yoshi's Island DS and maybe New Super Mario Bros. and was wondering what I'd get in store credit for them? Also, Yoshi's Island is a US copy, would Gamestation still take it? And I assume I'd be wasting my time handing over PES4 on the Xbox? <_<

They probably won't take in an import, although the DS is region free so it might be different. When I worked at GAME, we'd never take imports in, because there's different labelling standards (like age certificates and shiz), and we couldn't sell them. Should get a fair amount for DS games on trade in though, they tend to sell for about £25 preowned (depending on the title). I'd expect around £20-25, £30 if you're very lucky.

We're selling Mario for about £26.99 preowned at the moment so you'll probably get £18-20, Yoshi should get a little more.As for foreign, if they scan we take them. If they're foreign and they don't scan, we won't. Especially with the higher age certifications. Gun Showdown and Gun is a big example of this, there's millions of Aussie copies in the UK and they don't have the 18 cert signs on them. Also the US T/M etc doesn't tend to get through our computer.