You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeokage

Totally off topic from games, but now that Game has bought over Gamestation, what'll happen to the Gamestations that are within Blockbuster stores and not stores by themselves? All I can find on that is from Gamespot:

The concessions run inside Blockbuster stores are not part of the deal, and will "cease to operate under the Gamestation brand" by the deadline date of June 30.

So does that mean it'll revert back to being a part of Blockbuster with DVDs or will it still sell games, just not while being called Gamestation?

Edited by Zeokage

NO. :@

I love Gamestation, I hate Game. :@

My mate works in the ERD one, by the way Hammy.

This is horrid. Gamestation outshines Game in everyway. :@

My manager Carl was the manager of the Erdington concession until the Northfield branch opened and he moved over to manage that so he's had a lucky escape!

I think it MAY be alright as long as Game just buy us to reap the benefits of our huge moneymaking and let us keep our management levels (which apparantly is happening) and don't try and dip their fingers into a successful working model and screw it up to where Game are (namely, not exactly flying).

My manager Carl was the manager of the Erdington concession until the Northfield branch opened and he moved over to manage that so he's had a lucky escape!

I think it MAY be alright as long as Game just buy us to reap the benefits of our huge moneymaking and let us keep our management levels (which apparantly is happening) and don't try and dip their fingers into a successful working model and screw it up to where Game are (namely, not exactly flying).

How on earth, WHY on earth, has Gamestation been sold to Game, when you're the money-making company of the two? It just doesn't make sense to me.

How on earth, WHY on earth, has Gamestation been sold to Game, when you're the money-making company of the two? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Basically GAME are a company in their own right. Gamestation were a subsidiary company of Blockbuster. There were rumours of us being sold to the American gaming store which would have been EXCELLENT. However GAME, being a full company, could bid for the subsidiary company that is Gamestation.

Gamestation were the only part of Blockbuster making money cos of all this online rentals stuff, and so, rather than strengthen their position through games, they wanted to remain focussed on movies and so have sold us to keep themselves going a little longer (probably a stupid decision).

Only thing I'm worried about is that where once there was competition and hence each would be trying to offer the better deal, that's not the case now and there's no reason to go undercutting each other. Who's the main competition now? HMV? Woolies? Virgin?

And also hopefully the trade-in prices remain at Gamestation levels as I gather Game's are pretty poor even though I've not experienced this myself.

Plus the concessions better stay as just a game selling section of Blockbuster, my local one is about 2 mins from where I work and is on the way home, so very handy. Whether they'll even still be taking trade-ins is another thing to be seen, presumably after this June 30th deadline.

I just really hope Gamestation is treated as seperate, yr deals are better and as you said - the way the stores are ran are much superior.

1) People are happy to buy 4 pre-owned games for £20.

2) If people don't like a certain game in a bundle we'll generally swap it.

3) We'll go out of our way to make a deal or bundle CHEAPER for the customer.

4) We get out onto the shop floor and find cases for people.

5) You can get a Core 360 with a game for £149.99.

6) We're not snooty arseholes.

7) We give a ten day full refunds policy if someone doesn't like a game. (as long as they don't keep trying it on)

I just really hope Gamestation is treated as seperate, yr deals are better and as you said - the way the stores are ran are much superior.

7) We give a ten day full refunds policy if someone doesn't like a game. (as long as they don't keep trying it on)

I might buy my 360 bundle from yr shop when I do, just so I can sort it out with you. :shifty:

I take it from this new development that the chances of getting a job at a nearby Gamestation are very close to nil, correct?

Nah, apparantly we're staying vaguely separate with hiring so give it a try.

I might buy my 360 bundle from yr shop when I do, just so I can sort it out with you. :shifty:

You should. I'll happily sell you a splendid preowned 360 bundle! Anyway, shouldn't you pop in to say hi sometime....Like tomorrow.... :shifty:

Remember when GAME bought out Electronics Boutique? :( I want to at least have SOME variety of choice when I go game shopping.

I loved EB.

Did I mention that I HATE GAME?

Ugh, GAME sucks. I worked there. EA basically pays GAME to feature EA's stuff over everything else, hence why FIFA is always top of the sales charts. (I got told off once for arranging the PS2 chart according to the sales figures received). Sucky suck. Gamestation is an awesome chain, good music, good deals, good sales staff. And retro stuff!

I went into one of the FOUR GAME brnaches in Southampton the other day, looked at the DS stuff, decided I didn't want anything, and went to leave. I flashed the briefest of glances over at the PS3 display stands, and I'm not kidding you, three of the four sales staff ran from round the counter trying to get to me first. I was bombarded with

"HISAWYOULOOKINGATPS3AREYOUINTERESTEDINPS3ITHASGREATGAMESGRAPHICSTILTYCONTROLLERANDBLUERAYSHALLIRINGONEUPFORYOUNOWYOUWANTITNOWPAYWITHCASHORCARDDOYOUHAVEAREWARD?!?!?!?!??!"

After wiping the spit from my face and clothes, I felt compelled to politely tell them to fuck off.