Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Thats what I was thinking, how much are they going to be able to do with the keyboards without completely borking the playlist for the other instruments?

They're also going to be a little bit boned when shops tell them where they can stick their super mega massive palstic bundles. Unless they're going to do some deal where they buy back all their stock which has been rotting away taking up valuable floorspace in storerooms nationwide.

As for the actual keyboard instrument, I can't see it being too different from the guitar peripheral. It is essentially a simplified keyboard with a strummy bar bit anyway. Keyboard will be that minus the strumbar perhaps. Bloody stupid.

Might as well put out a plastic saxophone while they're at it.

Oh yeah Dragsy I can't imagine retailers going for it. We've still got loads of Metallica Guitar Hero guitars sitting around doing nothing. Some more wouldn't really be welcome.

They're too bulky, they don't sell very well, we get too many of them coming back broken and people got confused with the 8 million different Beatles bundles available. DJ Hero can take a fucking flight too, with that wholly unnecessary Renegade edition in the massive box. Fortunately we've managed to cart most of ours off to our warehouse, but I doubt every store has been so lucky.

I'm guessing it'll be something like this.

You'll have a keyboard track and the choice of playing it with a keyboard instrument... or the guitar.

Which means that they'll be able to keep the basic guitar 'stem' but people won't BAW about playing a piano song with guitar.

And of course this could mean patching The Beatles Rock Band to accept this new style of stem, allowing for Let It Be to be released.

Win-Win.

Is everyone missing the possibility of a...

keytar.jpg

:w00t:

Guest JukeboxHero

Rock Band DLC for June 1st:

• P.O.D. – “Alive”

• Spoon – “Trouble Comes Running”

• Spoon – “Don’t You Evah”

• Spoon – “I Turn My Camera On”

• Spoon – “Got Nuffin”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, hello Rock Band 3!

Confirmed setlist so far:

• Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
  • Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
  • Ida Maria – Oh My God
  • Jane's Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
  • Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
  • Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
  • Juanes – Me Enamora
  • Metric – Combat Baby
  • Night Ranger – Sister Christian
  • Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
  • Phoenix – Lasso
  • Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
  • Smash Mouth – Walkin' on the Sun
  • Spacehog – In the Meantime
  • Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
  • The Cure – Just Like Heaven
  • The Doors – Break On Through
  • The Vines – Get Free
  • The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
  • Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
  • Whitesnake – Here I Go Again

Other news, involving keyboard controller,

http://www.usatoday....band10_ST_N.htm

and

http://content.usato...unced-so-far-/1

Sorta excited for the new Pro mode, while skeptical at the same time. I expect to be able to do well on the keyboards(since I play it in real life), but at the same time I'm sure I'll have to get used to playing it in the way the game wants it played.

Also not sure about buying new instruments or just using the old ones I have...

I don't care about the keyboard.

However, Bohemian Rhapsody in Rock Band? DO WANT.

Hopefully they'll give us We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions (as in, both songs back to back, as they're meant to be), and possibly The Bicycle Song and/or Ogre Battle.

Also hoping they'll throw us death metal fans another bone. Hammer Smashed Face is not enough!

We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions are already in Lego: Rock Band.

But we could see a better way of transitioning songs depending on if they've decreased loading times between songs, meaning that you could load an entire setlist in your cache and just play all three one after another.