MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

So at the next DREAM show, Shinya Aoki was supposed to fight Antonio McKee.

Then McKee pulled out because he had visa problems, or didn't have visa problems, or something.

Then Aoki was supposed to fight Shane Nelson.

But Aoki refused to fight Shane Nelson.

Now Aoki is supposed to fight Rich Clementi.

Why would anyone refuse to fight Shane Nelson?

Guest mr. potato head

With UFC about to end their hiatus, it was a busy weekend for a lot of the bigger small promotions.

-BAMMA 6 saw Tom Watson beat Murilo Rua, who then announced his retirement, while Frank Trigg won his fight and Ivan Salaverry lost his

-Christian M'Pumbu won the Bellator Light Heavyweight Championship

-In Poland, Matt Lindland lost to Mamed Khalidov, while James Thompson submitted Mariusz Pudzianowski

-Karo Parisyan looked good in losing to Ryan Ford due to a cut

-Marcus Aurelio and Joe Ellenberger won, Dan Severn lost

Guest mr. potato head

Alright. Hopefully when I next go over to New York to see family, they'll be holding an event at Madison Square Garden :w00t:

The odds are certainly in your favour.

Guest mr. potato head

Never mind, apparently it passed the state senate but still has to pass the state assembly.

That's what we get for listening to Dana. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Gina Carano is off the June 18 Strikeforce show because she didn't receive medical clearance to fight.

Bad news as I think WMMA really needs her (and Cyborg) to come back in action. BUT...we do get to see Noons Vs Masvidal on the main card now (where it belonged in the first place).

Guest Neon Noodle

Awesome Score Fighting Series card in Mississauga this weekend - Joe Doerksen vs. Luigi Fiorivanti, plus Antonio Carvalho, Marius Zamroskis, Soukoudjou and more. Streams live Friday night on thescore.com I believe.

Don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4892:ufc-buying-control-of-g4-bellator-moving-to-spike-woah&catid=34:organizations

This would explain why I've been seeing Bellator commercials on Spike (some during UFC events). I think that would be a great move for UFC, and it gives them a good reason to keep Strikeforce open. And I think G4 is in more homes then Spike?

G4 is in a lot less homes than Spike, and barely over half even know it exists apparently.

I found this information on it: Spike is in 99 million homes and G4 is in 53 million homes and according to then-Comcast President Ted Harbert "just 53% of homes who receive the channel know it exist."

For anyone buying this in the UK, looks like the prelims are being shown as well on primetime.

Edit: Or not, I don't know, it said the show will start at midnght, but it hasn't.

Guest mr. potato head

See those performances made Griggs and Cormier look like top-flight prospects, but then you remember who exactly it was that they beat...