EA Sports UFC 2

Hellraiser

I remembered why I tend to hate online when it comes to games like Fight Night and UFC. Just people spamming moves. 

Also the judges seem to sometimes replicate real life and be really shit. I got a 30-27 my way and the other guy got two 29-28s...looked at the fight stats and in each round I had more punches and more punches landed, more take downs and more ground passes and more knockdowns...yet I lost. Wtf. 

I imagine general randoms online are probably bad for it, but I don't really see much repetitive spamming in there bar like two instances where I rocked him and then tried to force the issue and wore myself out trying to finish him off and had to back up to let my stamina regain a bit. I mean, since it was just my mate I was fighting we'd actually specifically set out to not just repeatedly try the same thing or just abuse flying kicks and knees or something.

34 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I imagine general randoms online are probably bad for it, but I don't really see much repetitive spamming in there bar like two instances where I rocked him and then tried to force the issue and wore myself out trying to finish him off and had to back up to let my stamina regain a bit. I mean, since it was just my mate I was fighting we'd actually specifically set out to not just repeatedly try the same thing or just abuse flying kicks and knees or something.

I'd happily play with my mates online but randomers can be pricks on this game I've noticed.

Does Shareplay work with this or are EA doing their usual "NAH YOU CAN'T SHAREPLAY WITH FRIENDS" stance they normally have.  

Yeah I think having a friend to play it with online is key really, cause I think it makes you both take it less seriously and less try hard than if you just go to a random match and find someone using McGregor and just hitting a load of switch kicks and roundhouses every 2 seconds. Like FIFA, play randoms online and you just find people who just hold sprint and try to play for the chance to just square it across for a tap in, but against friends it's just a laugh.

I'm finding submissions difficult, like I know what to do, I'm just finding that my reaction times aren't good enough to actually finish them off, I get too caught in blocking the escape attempts that when it comes to furthering the submission I either miss out or balls it up by muddling it up. Terrible at takedown defence too.

I just think its easier for nobheads to win online cause they can spam the same moves over and over and with them making the ground game easier it means they're more likely to win.

On the last one if someone was going to keep doing superman punches I'd take him down and just beat him up and keep transitioning. Now they just have to hold a stick in a direction to get out of it. 

I dunno, early on in that Henderson/Maia fight I posted the end of I was taking him down loads and just dominating him on the ground and he was saying there was nothing he could do to combat it, so it mightn't be THAT easy to get out of but I dunno if he was just doing something wrong either or if it's just cause Maia is human cellophane and his ground stats are probably amazing and ahead of most others.

• 2 weeks later...

I got that fight 49-46 Rua on stats alone. The third round Cormier was a bit better, and the only thing he was 'better' at in the entire fight was stamina management which shouldn't matter because you had him ruined on significant strikes.

You got straight up GSP'd on that vote, and that's why you never let it go to the judges because they're shit.