MMA News and Discussion Thread

Fucking weird show, but fun. 

- Double knockdown 

- Michael Chandler's ankle going to mush like Jamie Varner's did that one time.

- A guy from the athletic commission pulling the stool out from behind the guy with the fucked ankle before he could sit down.

- A furniture or windows salesman subbing the sports top prospect. (Tbf @Chris2K, Freeman is 9-2 and has fought for the LFA belt, calling him a nobody seems a bit harsh).

- Oh, and Wanderlei asking the ref to stand the fight up whilst Sonnen was in mount ?

• Like 1

Wand was ridiculous, gets taken down at will, throws about 15 strikes all fight, gets utterly dominated and then is baffled at losing the decision.

That was a fun show if I've ever seen one. If anyone expected a classic out of the main event then they should have been disappointed...and probably questioned their own intelligence but god damn I thought it was fun. I'm a huge fan of Chael's win or lose. He's one of those guys who will say just about anything to piss people off and never really takes himself all that serious outside the fight.

Also I like Fedor but Meathead knocking him out was great. Especially the post match interview.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Scottish MMA writer Iain Kidd outed as a pedophile.

He's a freelancer who primarily wrote stuff for Bloody Elbow.

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

I fell asleep watching that card. Non-competitive fights mixed with just an incredibly boring production. MVP and Gallagher made good IG stories, I guess?

The UFC card today should be just as boring outside of the main event.

Mate the card this afternoon is stacked for a fight night card, not being funny.

Most highly anticipated card of the year so far for me, top to bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...