MMA News and Discussion Thread

Fedor's opponent is reportedly going to be a kick boxer. He is 40-10 in kick boxing and 1-0 in MMA. 

They are also doing shows in Japan on the 29th, 30th,and 31st of December. One will feature a catchweight fight with Kazushi Sakuraba. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Forky said:

So I'm a little late to this but Kurt Angle signed with Bellator. How the hell does that even happen with the shape Angle is in? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen I would think.

He's going to be signing autographs at Dave & Busters with a bunch of other guys, not fighting. He should come out of it relatively unscathed.

9 hours ago, munky said:

That's for now. There is talk of him fighting Kimbo or Ken Shamrock. Even those he should be okay with the way their last fights went but just having him in the cage at all seems like it would be a liability.

1 hour ago, Benkid Nada said:

Every division above welterweight is pretty thin, there's only a handful of interesting, top tier guys in each division. FW-WW is the sweet spot.

Agreed. I tend to like the bigger fighters, which makes it a shame. Once it goes below WW the guys just seem...too small. Don't get me wrong I can like smaller guys fighting, but when it's the main focus of so many cards it can be a bit much.

Featherweight and lightweight is super deep as well. Lightweight is probably the deepest division, it feels like everyone in the top 5 can beat each other, and same goes for 6-20. Almost the same can be said for welterweight. 

At middleweight, outside of Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare, there isn't anyone that's as near to those 3. At LHW there's DC, Bones and the senior circuit. 

HW is the most interesting it's ever been, actually, with Cain, Werdum, JDS, Stipe and maybe you can add Pitbull and Big Ben as well.

• 5 weeks later...