MMA News and Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

So Dana White is picking fights on Twitter with wrestling fans about his inflated PPV prices now? :lol:

Someone should tell him that his biggest ever draw was a WWE guy and he as CM Punk waiting in the wings, so he should probably play nice.

• 1 month later...

Also, while I understand Fedor coming back in Japan on New Years Eve, if he wants this comeback to be in anyway relevant he has to fight for a larger Western promotion, in my opinion.  I am not saying UFC should sign him up, but Bellator/WSOF wouldn't be a bad shout to see if he can still fight at a high level.

Jon Jones, the former UFC light heavyweight champion, was given a conditional discharge and 18 months probation on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident in a plea bargain Tuesday morning.

Judge Charles Brown ordered Jones to make at least 72 appearances for both charity and speaking with children over the probation period. Once he fulfills the terms of the probation, he will be brought back to court and given a conditional discharge and would not have a felony conviction on his record.

Jones was arrested from an incident on 4/26 on charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury when he crashed a rented SUV into a car driven by a pregnant woman, Vanessa Sonnenberg. Sonnenberg suffered a broken arm but has made a full recovery.

Jones was suspended and stripped of his title  The police report indicated Jones ran a red light and struck Sonnenberg's car. He left the scene, but then returned to grab a handful of money, and then ran away over a fence. Jones disappeared for about 24 hours before turning himself in.  A marijuana pipe was found in the car.

UFC president Dana White, who was in court this morning with Jones, has said that Jones would get a shot at the title that he never lost in the cage, as soon as he was ready to return.

http://www.f4wonline.com/ufc-news/ufc-news-jon-jones-pleads-guilty-gets-18-month-probation-198711

It´s good to be King. 

From what i know the guy had been in more than just one car crash and probation sounds very strange. But happy to see him fight and be babyfacestyle heel again.

Edited by Herr Matzat

I'm glad he just got probation. With jails being overpopulated in America for no reason, and this not being an actual hit-and-run that resulted in death or anything close to that nor it being a violent crime, plus his punishment seems like he would do some actual good for the community.

Now let's see if he stays away from his "friends" and avoids any more disasters, or at least smarten up just a tiny bit.