MMA News and Discussion Thread

Not really. Existing fans know theyre not worth much name wise anymore, new fans barely knew them at all. Its a decent result for them if they describe him as a former UFC title challenger then he falls to an up and comer. Its a name on their record, which essentially, is all guys like Petruzelli will ever be.

Seth Petruzelli and Babalu are cans at this point. Babalu especially, after he got fired from UFC for being an idiot. Petruzelli's only claim to fame was to get a lucky shot in on an overrated and overhyped self-taught fighter but with MMA moving as fast as it does, nobody remembers that anymore. They are most certainly not people to build a division around and thus it is very convenient that these 'relative unknowns' defeated them in the fashion that they did.

I have been watching Bellator since it started on Spike. Some pretty decent fights. Never heard of any of these guys outside of Babalu and King Mo because of Impact. This format is a neat introduction to them.

They're worth watching, shady business practices aside Bellator is fucking awesome on all fronts.

Stream crapped out on me but I just caught the recap of the KO, that Awad guy hits like a fucking truck, pretty good for a guy who wasn;t supposed to be here a few days ago.

I almost want to strangle Tan Dan right now for that call.

But that was a good stoppage, Jimmy Smith pointed it out, that was a justifiable stoppage. Would I have stopped it? Probably not, but I can agree with that stoppage.

But I still want to strangle Tan Dan, he is awful.

He wasn't going anywhere in that kneebar, that one was locked up good and the look on his face was a look of pain, which under the Unified Rules along with a scream of pain [ala Chael v Filho] is grounds for a stoppage even if no tap has occurred, that said, Tan Dan is one of the worst refs in the sport and is going to catch all the flak for that.

Fighter Safety and all that jazz.