MMA News and Discussion Thread

• 2 years later...

Hell of a bump because I didn't wanna post this in the UFC thread but anyone else watching Bellator tonight? I'm really only watching to see Shamrock's and Lashley's fights. I really hope Ken just mauls Kimbo.

Pretty sure we've used the UFC thread for any and all mma discussion lately. :shifty:

Forgot it was tonight though, might have a gander.

Edited by EddieG
  • Like 1

Lashley vs Charles was a beating. Everytime Charles got to his feet Lashley threw him back on the ground and pounded on the side of his head till he covered up.

What is the weight difference between HW and LHW? I ask because I noticed Ken and Tito are fighting in two different classes now.

Edit

:(

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

I don't watch much MMA but I've never seen someone get out of a choke that was on like that by the other guy just having to let go because he's tired.

Edited by Kirkland

What is the weight difference between HW and LHW? I ask because I noticed Ken and Tito are fighting in two different classes now.

Edit

:(

205. Ken actually weighed in at 204.5, so he was classed as a light heavyweight and it was deemed a catchweight fight.

Also, fuck yeah Kimbo!

Edited by EddieG

I don't watch much MMA but I've never seen someone get out of a choke that was on like that by the other guy just having to let go because he's tired.

It actually happens quite a bit when someone's arms get gassed.

That fight was fixed, right?

Kimbo's takedown defence looks like he's Zach Gowen. Ken Shamrock has apparently forgotten how to do a RNC. Ken goes down easier than Jurgen Klinnsmann's grandad and McCarthy waves it off without Kimbo even swinging a punch at a grounded Shamrock.

That RNC wasn't 'on', without the arm behind the head, you're basically just hugging the opponent's neck. I've seen tighter headlocks.

I don't know if he's broke or not but he's been living in an RV away from his wife & kids for a few months now, parked by the gym he was training at. I know Shamrock's considered an easy payday for anyone he's fought since like 2005.

He doesn't have an asston of money but he's not broke. Living in the RV by himself is just him being weird about getting ready to fight again.

That fight was fixed, right?

Kimbo's takedown defence looks like he's Zach Gowen. Ken Shamrock has apparently forgotten how to do a RNC. Ken goes down easier than Jurgen Klinnsmann's grandad and McCarthy waves it off without Kimbo even swinging a punch at a grounded Shamrock.

That RNC wasn't 'on', without the arm behind the head, you're basically just hugging the opponent's neck. I've seen tighter headlocks.

I think McCarthy stopped it because he didn't want a 51-year old man to continue getting his head smashed in, when he went down after two punches.

Ken forgetting how to apply a choke properly is kinda' sad, as was how he easily he gassed himself.

For Kimbo's sake I hope that fight was fixed otherwise his TDD is even worse than I imagined. A 50 year old man got him down twice with embarrassingly bad effort.