(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Speaking of wtf @ CMDistro, they just now processed the order I made a week ago, hopefully there'll still be a US Post by the time I get it.

So I got Sólstafir's new album today, Svartir Sandar. It is all in Icelandic apparently but I adore this band and their brand of psychedelic/progressive black metal. Impend a rant in the "Currently Listening To" thread later this evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Damnation was awesome :D

Worth it for Turisas and Cthonic alone... but 90 mins of Devin (plus 20 mins of Z FM) made the night practically perfect.

Shame about the Zero Tolerance stage, it was practically impossible to move about and the sound quality was terrible :/ But still, managed to catch A Forest of Stars before ignoring it for the rest of the night <_<

Oh yeah, and I got a Ziltoid puppet :D

Worth it for Turisas and Cthonic alone... but 90 mins of Devin (plus 20 mins of Z FM) made the night practically perfect.

Shame about the Zero Tolerance stage, it was practically impossible to move about and the sound quality was terrible :/ But still, managed to catch A Forest of Stars before ignoring it for the rest of the night <_<

Yeah, Damnation was sweet. I pretty much stayed on the main stage watching Xerath, Illuminatus, Turisas, Evile, Grand Magus and Devin. Listened to a bit of Amplifier from the seats around the corner from the stage on 3rd whilst we waited for Devin.

And I too got a Ziltoid puppet! Ha!

Yeah, Damnation was sweet. I pretty much stayed on the main stage watching Xerath, Illuminatus, Turisas, Evile, Grand Magus and Devin. Listened to a bit of Amplifier from the seats around the corner from the stage on 3rd whilst we waited for Devin.

And I too got a Ziltoid puppet! Ha!

I am so jealous of your Ziltoid puppets. :(

Alice Cooper announced as the Sunday headliner for Bloodstock 2012. Sweeet.

Other bands announced to date:

Watain

Corrosion of Conformity

Dimmu Borgir

Hatebreed

Paradise Lost

Anvil

Orange Goblin

Anaal Nathrakh

Doomed

So Iced Earth is touring with Symphony X in their US tour. That's... something.

Going to try to get tickets, but having just gotten WrestleMania tickets not sure if I'll be able to get good seats. Hopefully they won't sell out fast... OTOH I managed to get Slayer tickets literally a week before they played in Miami so...

So Iced Earth is touring with Symphony X in their US tour. That's... something.

That should be good. Both have good live reps.

So, I saw Devin Townsend's accoustic gig in Sheffield. Bloody hell it was awesome! It was just him and a guitar, and 90+% of the songs were requests.

For anyone interested, he definitely played:

Let It Roll

Funeral

Ih-Ah!

Juular

Hyperdrive

Deep Peace

Love?

Deadhead

Vampira

Road Kill

Fall

Noisy Pink Bubbles

Sunday Afternoon

Thing Beyond Things

Disruptr

Kawaii

Life

I think there were probably 2 or 3 three others too earlier on. He played for pretty much 2 hours solid.

You do realize I can not be anymore jealous of you right now? Unless Devin also invited you home.

Devin did stay after the gig to chat to fans, sign stuff and take pictures with people.

Well, he did that at Tuska as well so I didn't miss much there. ^_^

Here's a more finalised list from the gig:

Let It Roll (The Devin Townsend Band song)

Funeral

Deadhead (The Devin Townsend Band song)

Ih-Ah! (Devin Townsend Project song)

Hyperdrive

Sunday Afternoon (The Devin Townsend Band song)

Noisy Pink Bubbles

Thing Beyond Things

Juular (Devin Townsend Project song)

Fall (Devin Townsend Project song)

Roadkill

Vampira (The Devin Townsend Band song)

Ghost Riders in the Sky (Stan Jones cover)

Solar Winds ( With "The Mighty Masturbator"… more)

Sister

Deep Peace

Love? (Strapping Young Lad song)

Christeen

Disruptr (Devin Townsend Project song)

Kawaii (Devin Townsend Project song)

Life

Sanctuary (Warrel Dane, Jim Shepherd from Nevermore), The Black Dahlia Murder and Grand Magus confirmed for Bloodstock next year.

Black Dahlia's a good one. I don't really care much about their recorded stuff, but they put on a really energetic live show.