(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

On the Gojira thing, I think it's just that some of the underlying rythm derives from groove. They're more prog(gy) death metal though. And yes, they are awesome. They are also the single tightest band I have ever seen live. The Heaviest Matter of the Universe fucking kills live.

Am I weird for liking most of Acid Bath's demo cuts more than their album cuts?

Nope. The Agents of Oblivion stuff is better in demo-version too. All of his work is just generally better in a stripped down, more raw style.

Agreed. I first noticed it on the demo cut of Dope Fiend. So fucking good. The Agents Of Oblivion stuff sounds pretty similar to me, though, not as big of a difference.

so, is American metal just dead in the water or what? Mastodon's new single is pretty boss, but other than that.... silence. I think the Dillinger Escape Plan needs to release a new album. Yep.

This is a few months old, but here's a vid of Adam 'Nergal' Darski's live return performing with Fields of the Nephilim in Katowice. I'm not a massive Behemoth fan, but it's always great when someone can kick cancer's arse. :)

so, is American metal just dead in the water or what? Mastodon's new single is pretty boss, but other than that.... silence. I think the Dillinger Escape Plan needs to release a new album. Yep.

The new Deicide was pretty good, if you ask me.

Trivium and Machine Head both have albums out this year.

Trivium and Machine Head both have albums out this year.

:puke:

I'll check out Deicide and Machine Head, though. I've hated Trivium since they came out. And Liam, the new Mastodon single is on the Adult Swim Singles Series or something like that. I've heard it's just a leftover from Crack the Skye, not sure if it's on their new album (badass cover art, btw)

it just seems, lately, I've been listening to nothing but OFWGKTA, other rap artists, and various indie/Pitchfork loved bands (tUnEyArDs, EMA, WU-LYF, etc)

I've just started getting into Primordial. Anyone else like them? Recommendations for albums to start? I've heard Coffin Ships and Empire

I've wanted to get into Primordial for the longest of times. But for some reason, my attention is always drawn away by something else. Start with their newest album, if you like that, work you way through their back catalogue; from what I gather, Spirit Of The Earth Aflame should be a pretty killer one too.

Cool. cheera for the info guys. They are playing directly after Hell on bloodstock's main stage so it should be an awesome time.