(Un)Official L33tist Music Thread.

ROC

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

The new Beirut is splendid. On first lesson, it's better than Gulag Orkestrar too. It still features klezme-like music, but this time around it seems Condon has involved elements of '60s French pop. There is definitely the influence of Jacques Brel, France Galle & etc in some songs. Terrific stuff, everyone should download it.

Also, the trailer for the Sigur Ros docu-concert film makes look like all sorts of awesome. Having been to Iceland, it really captures the look and feel really well and it makes me want to go back. I'm not one for music films/DVDs but this really looks good.

And if you're desperate for better quality, here is a high-res! http://www.heimafilm.com/heima_trailer_fil...ima_trailer.mov

Probably doesn't fall under L33tist, but she's on the cover of Plan B, so she gets an honourary mention: M.I.A's album is fucking brilliant, top stuff.

As is "Altar" by SunnO))) and Boris, can't believe it took me so long to buy it..."Sinking Belle" has to be one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Southern Lord go a bit mad on naff badly recorded kvlt black metal, and releasing everything on as many different "limited edition" formats as possible, but other than that, they're awesome.

And I get to see SunnO))), Earth and Boris live this year. Haha!

I'm "buying" the new Liars. Having been an avid fan of them since I was stoned and saw There's Always Room On the Broom, I need to check this out. Apparently its 60-70's rawk inspired. What next?

New Liars is fucking incredible, it's amazing that they can continue to be so different with each release while still being so unmistakably them. Really good stuff...and it's '60s/'70s rock-inspired, definitely, but bastardised and thrown through the Liars machine to be something quite different.

JEW's leaked? Sweet.

iLiKETRAiNS has leaked too. BOOSH!!

Now the new Polar Bear Club and A Wilhelm Scream better hurry the fuck up and leak.

In other news, everyone MUST get their hands on the song, "Bad Western Starring LL Cool J" by The Dean Malenko's. It's a work of art.

Edited by YI