(Un)Official L33tist Music Thread.

ROC

The new Lost Vagueness album is bloody marvelous, despite the inclusion of Amy Winehouse and Mika...nothing'll ever capture the real thing, but it's as close as you can get. Just a bizarre mix of blues, punk, soul, jazz, gypsy folk, techno, klezmer and God-only-knows-what-else...I bought it on a bit of a whim, but I'm bloody glad I did.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on a kick of downloading albums by bands with awesome names. "Manual" by Witches With Dicks, is fucking immense. Street-punk at its best. Under 20 minutes, but a really fucking good album.

However, the band "Piss Shit Fuck" were something fucking awful.

Edited by YI

Klezmer is essentially Hasidic folk music...not quite the same as what Ringo said, but definitely in the exact same ballpark, built on most of the same principles.

Guest Ringy

Also, I have just learned that St. Vincent's album has leaked. For those of you not in the know, she's done work with the Arcade Fire and Sufjan Stevens (as such, I will dissapprove of Steeb for not making me aware of this :shifty:), and based on the awesomeness of 'Paris is Burning' and "Your Lips Are Red", I'm thinking this should be great so I'll give it a listen.

I went on an insane music downloading binge for some reason yesterday. I haven't downloaded music in years because of my shitty connections but now that I'm on high-speed, I've just been going berserk. This is what I downloaded yesterday.

3 Inches of Blood - Battlecry Under A Winter's Sun

AFI - decemberunderground

Atreyu - A Death Grip On Yesterday

Danger Doom - The Mouse And The Mask

Felix Da Housecat - Devin Dazzle And The Neon Fever

Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me

Melt Banana - Cell Scape

Planet Terror Soundtrack

Scarface Soundtrack

Jackass Number Two Soundtrack

Transformers Soundtrack (2007)

Not to mention a few spare From Autumn To Ashes tracks I don't already have plus Europe's "The Final Countdown" and two remixes of it.

Just so you think I'm not a complete pirate, here are the new discs I bought...for the most part. I moved near a sweet used CD/DVD store with a great selection.

Cattle Decapitation - Human Jerky

Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Converge - The Poacher Diaries

Guitar Wolf - Golden Black

Psyopus - Our Puzzling Encounters Considered

Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb

3 Inches Of Blood - Fire Up The Blades

I have enough music to last me...like a week or so.

Please don't tell me I'm alone in thinking the Queen of the Stone Age album just isn't good. I know it was a long time ago, but I hadn't really heard much of their stuff since "No one knows" really, was kind of hoping it'd be like that, since that was good.

Era Vulgaris... well, I can't really remember the tune to any of the songs :-\

Please don't tell me I'm alone in thinking the Queen of the Stone Age album just isn't good. I know it was a long time ago, but I hadn't really heard much of their stuff since "No one knows" really, was kind of hoping it'd be like that, since that was good.

Era Vulgaris... well, I can't really remember the tune to any of the songs :-\

Edited by YI

The National got boring. Quickly. For me at least.

Era Vulgaris was more boring than Lullabies. They need Nick back to rock again.

I'm going to aquire some new music today, so I can talk about other things than ZEITFUCKINGGEIST~!

I also got "Boxer" by The National (Which sounds AWESOME thus far), the new Animal Collective and St Vincent.

The National are fucking immense. Can't believe I've never heard of them before. Total morose indie, which is totally what I love.

They're pretty good. I saw them live and was pretty into it. Need to be picking some stuff up no doubt.

While I wouldn't say XBXRX are better than, or even nearly as good as, An Albatross, they're still marvelous, so any mention on here is a welcome mention.

How fucking good were Box Car Racer? Seriously! "Letters To God" > *

And new Gogol Bordello. :o

The new Boys Night Out album is fucking swank as well. Hasn't been bad for 'emo'/pop-punk music. With Bayside putting out a good album. I'm not liking the new Silverstein, but Bayside and Boys Night Out have both put out great releases. Fall Out Boy have put out a solid album. There's the new Yellowcard coming. The new FFAF sucked, but whatever. And the new Amber Pacific is pretty solid, and I guess the new Starting Line is acceptable.

Edited by YI