(Un)Official L33tist Music Thread.

ROC

Guest Ringie 500

I don't hate Blaqk Audio either, for some strange reason.

I'm on a bit of a Galaxie 500 and This Mortal Coil kick as of late, though I'm currently listening to Eastern Conference Champions, and Bodies of Water, both of which I really like.

In other news, Future of the Left (former Mclusky members) have had their albums leak. While I don't think we'll get something as awesome as Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues or Alan Is A Cowboy Killer, what I've heard sounds like a fantastic record, albeit a vulgar and violent one :shifty:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i'm currently listening to;

Blaqk Audio

grrrrr.....it's too catchy :( Some duds, but the good tracks are great

Shy Child

Kind of reminds me of Aqueduct, and they have a keytar, awesome

Hostage Calm

Put out a top notch demo EP, definately a hardcore-punk band I'll have my eyes on

Far From Finished

Nothing 'outstanding' but a good punk-rock band, some nice melodies. I love the vocalist though. Gritty and strong. What good punk-rock should have

Sharkey & C-Rayz Walz Are Monster Maker

The best hip-hop album I may have ever heard. It has a cover of "Electric Avenue" on it for fucks sake. You know it's great.

Upcdowncleftcrightcabc+Start's 'And The Battle Is Won' may be the most beautiful 'post rock' album I've ever heard. It's like 65dos but even better.

Also, Eliza Lumley's 'She Talks In Maths' is the first good Radiohead covers album I've ever heard. I highly recommend it to anyone who digs soft jazzy stuff, and/or Radiohead.

Also (:shifty:) I picked up Scroobius Pip's 'No Commercial Breaks' album. I dig, wholeheartedly.

Godspeed and Silver Mt. Zion own all post-rock, although World's End Girlfriend (my current obsession) come damn close.

That said, Upcdowncleftcrightcabc+Start is a bloody good name.

Guest Ringie 500

World's End Girlfriend is awesome and overlooked.

I really, really like Paper Planes off M.I.A.'s new album and this is coming from someone who's not a huge fan, so I'll probably check out the whole thing eventually.

Also, John Vanderslice and St.Vincent cover the Magnetic Fields is awesome:

I'm gonna pimp 12 Stone Toddler, a band from Brighton who have released one album. Skummy knows of them, and they might be worth checking out.....I guess the best way to describe it would be 'creepy lounge music', with the lead singer sounding a lot in places like Mike Patton.

Its playful sounding in a really eerie way, best album I've heard in a while.

Name, tracklisting and release date for the new A Wilhelm Scream;

Alternative Press got their mitts on the title, tacklisting and release date for the new A Wilhelm Scream record. Career Suicide will be on the streets October 9th via Nitro Records. From altpress.com: the 13-song disc clocks in at a shade over a half-hour and was produced by Bill Stevenson, Jason Livermore and Andrew Berlin at the Blasting Room. Tracklist is below...

Career Suicide tracklisting:

1. I Wipe My Ass With Showbiz

2. 5 To 9

3. The Horse

4. Die While We're Young

5. Jaws 3, People 0

6. Career Suicide

7. These Dead Streets

8. Get Mad, You Son Of A Bitch

9. Our Ghosts

10. Cold Slither II

11. Pardon Me, Thanks A Lot

12. Check Request Denied

13. We Built This City! (On Debts And Booze)

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR HAS LEAKED!!!

Got hold of "Reunion Tour" by The Weakerthans this morning. OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!! Fucking awesome. "Tournament of Hearts" is badass. "Relative Surplus Value" is brilliant for the fact it's got this 'classic rock' vibe to it, which totally contrasts the vocalist. The entire album is fucking great.

Edited by YI