Best Boss Battle ?

Docpepper

You hit it in the stomach <_<

AND the nose - when he crouches after he drops back down from above.

I mean, yes, you can hit him about five times in the chest before he even lifts off for the first time, but that's slightly more difficult than hitting him in the nose, and you said you couldn't beat him so... >_>

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the Jedi Academy boss. That was awesome. Usual spiel about how I've let my arrogance corrupt me etc..... Kyle switches on his lightsabre, and lunges for me.... I switch to powerful stance, and bring it down right into his face. He dies. I laughed for a good 20 minutes.

Oh, and the final battle on Hitman: Blood Money. On the top of the White House, in the rain, atmospheric music. I've chased the guy out of the White House, which is on panic stations due to the grenade the fellow used to stun me. I'd dropped all my weapons, but even if I had them, I can't draw them because the White House security would swarm me. He charges up to the roof, I get there, he takes a shot at me with a rifle, JUST misses. I crouch behind an air vent....... and spy my silenced pistol, right where I left it behind the door so I could sneak in. Grab it, wait for him to take a shot, stand up, take aim........ BAM. One shot, right in between the eyes. I have NEVER been able to replicate the awesomeness of that moment.

Demon's Gate. Fuck that motherbitch.

I fourth that one. I struggled for ages with that thing.

I would say some of the Colossi from Shadows Of The Colossus but the game is basically one boss fight after another so probably doesn't count - the third one with the big old sword is EXCELLENT though.

Is that the one with the bracelet on his wrist? On top of the hill? If so, yeah, he is pretty cool.

I love ALL of the boss battles in MGS. The Metal Gear fights themselves I was never too fond of because big ass machines scare me and make me very edgy when playing.

I have to agree with Hammystar at the flamethrower wielding boss in MGS3, The Fury? Actually, all of them pissed me off. The Pain I fought at like 2 o clock in the morning in pitch black and those bee bombs are so aggravating. The Fear (The chap who is like a skinny Vamp) is just annoying because he just vanished. The Fury is a psycho and fire worries me. The Sorrow wasn't too bad but, once again, I got worried due to the drowning aspect. That sure taught me not to fucking kill so many people >_>.

Oh and The End, I need to do that fight, one of my mates decided to sniper him earlier on at some point and screw with my camo collection scheme. Which camo do you even get from The End?

The Boss isn't too bad, I didn't think, her CQC is a bit of a bastard but aside from that I beat her pretty quickly, at least quicker than I beat any of the other bosses in this game.

Since I'm in a ranting mood, Sniper Wolf can suck a cock. When you first fight her before the STAIRS OF NEVER ENDING DOOM, I can never steady the rifle quick enough and just get shot to smithereens. God damn her. At least the second time I can kill her with my Nikita. The bitch.

Another FF7 boss, I think it's the one at the end of Cosmo Canyon. I remember it being a bit of a struggle to beat it, then I checked a guide after and it said you can kill it in one go with a Phoenix Down. <_<

Final Fantasy bosses are the coolest bosses, they rule. The comedy bosses are amongst my favourites, as are the 'optional extra' ones.

FF7 - The Turks. Any time you fight any of the Turks. The Turks kick ass. Ruby Weapon is also nice.

FF8 - Omega Weapon, or when you fight Sorceress Adel. Clearly, it was supposed to be well hard, all "don't kill Rinoa!" so I just said okay, raped the bitch with Meltdown, then did Limit Breaks 'til it keeled over.

FF9 - Garland. He was fun. Also that weird book thing in Alexandria library.

FF10 - The occasional Seymour fights here and there. Not the last one, he was rubbish. Also, Sin. Sin ruled.

FFX-2 - Vegnagun. And Leblanc's goons. They were easy.

FF12 - Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh kicks ass.

I love ALL of the boss battles in MGS. The Metal Gear fights themselves I was never too fond of because big ass machines scare me and make me very edgy when playing.

I have to agree with you, I can't say there is one I didn't enjoy. My personal favorite is the Vulcan Raven series of battles. The first fight with Raven let's you know that this game doesn't fuck around with boss battles. The second fight is great for the story as well as the actual fight. I loved seeing the mutual respect after two tough battles.

I remember the fight against Juggernaut in Captain American and the Avengers as being a tough battle. He wasn't overpowering but really fucking agiel, and hard to hit. Still, I always felt a sense of accomplishment after downing him without losing a life. I still haven't beaten that game.

Tonberries are adorable, though, so he's allowed to be a bastard. The best things about FF8 were the abundance of Tonberries, and Jumbo Cactuar's fetching moustache.

That 'tache was awesome. The best thing about Jumbo Cactuar is that if you have the guide book, like I did, and you look him up in the bestiary, he's right next to the standard Cactuars and shown at the same size/scale as them. So, until I actually did the fight, I was convinced that the only different thing about Jumbo Cactuar was the 'tache.

That 'tache was awesome. The best thing about Jumbo Cactuar is that if you have the guide book, like I did, and you look him up in the bestiary, he's right next to the standard Cactuars and shown at the same size/scale as them. So, until I actually did the fight, I was convinced that the only different thing about Jumbo Cactuar was the 'tache.