Lets talk about House

Hellfire

So, I haven't seen any discussion of the awesome first episode of season four yet, so I'll resurrect this long dead topic for exactly that purpose.

Loved the episode. I felt that, with the exception of the final two episodes, season three was a little weak after the corrupt cop angle was dropped. And it had had so much promise with him and the teenage nymphette storylines they had running. But they opened series four with a bang and I can't remember laughing out loud at an episode of House as much in a long time. The interplay between House and Wilson was awesome, particularly the little lazzi about the over-tightened guitar 'screaming'.

Will be interesting to see how next week unfolds with the thirty something new recruits to the team for the try-out. The Wiki site lists the eventual winners, unfortunately, but it should provide some interesting new chemistry provided they don't just relent and bring back the original team after a few weeks.

While I loved Foreman, Cameron, and Chase - it was definitely time for some new characters to provide some new storylines. But I wouldn't be adverse to the three chiming back in every so often. I'll certainly miss them.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already miss the old three, and I only finished watching season three last week. The episode certainly wasn't diminished by the absence of a team, but I could see it bugging me later in the series if House only had Wilson and Cuddy to bounce off.

Special mention to the janitor. A very amusing little side story. And that ending? One of the few really sad ones I can remember seeing.

I loved the "lupus" thing with Dr. Buffer. And also the House-Wilson interaction was pretty top notch.

Do you know what terrorists do? They terrorize.

Yeah the first episode of the new season was great. The Janitor bit and interaction between House and Wilson was outstanding. I kinda missed the rest of the crew , but I think having three new recruits might be refreshing. I would love to see that nurse(the one house commented on her breast being lopsided) be a member of the new team , something about her just clicked with me.

I agree that the ending was really good. Usually I know whats going to happen at the end halfway through , but the ending was great but sad. A great start to the season , hopefully it continues in this fashion.

I'd love to see some more Cuddy-House interaction. I've been rooting for them to get together , but I think it was hinted at in previous seasons that they may have been together sometime before and it didn't work.(not sure I'm right , but thats the vibe I got)

I heard that Foreman, Cameron, and Chase would be back, so I'm thinking that they all will get rehired as a second, seperate team from house or something.

I would love to see that nurse(the one house commented on her breast being lopsided) be a member of the new team , something about her just clicked with me.

Just got through the second episode and you were right - pretty girl with lop sided boobs didn't last long at all :-(

On the up-side, the characters they bothered to flesh out all seem interesting enough. One of the cuts (the good looking guy) surprised me a little, but overall, the rest to make it week three make sense to me. You've got your Foreman clone (a black guy, but I was more referring to his sense of morals), your token bitch, the hottie, and the Indian dude who have had decent build, as well as a few others.

Not as funny an episode as the first, but enjoyable all the same. Good to see Chase and Cameron still around.

watching that episode made me miss Cameron , Chase and Foreman , a lot , sure they made an appearance , but I doubt they'll be back full time. I'm not sure if I like any of the new recruits so far , will take a few more episodes I suppose.

What did they end up diagnosing the woman with ? Sound cut out during that part while i was watching ?

I liked the last episode. It brought back Chase and Cameron (but not back to House's Team) and gave some of the new people a little more personality like the guy who didn't actually go to med school, the black guy from BYU and the Indian guy who was kind of a dick.

I liked the Indian dude (Kal Penn), but that could be because I liked Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. Incidentally, Harold was on an episode a few seasons back <_<

#13 (the fox) intrigues me a little, and I did like the old guy without any medical training. The bitch (Olivia Wilde I think) is enjoyable, but I'd get fed up with her being a cow if she was around too long. We have House for prickish remarks without her bringing PMS to the table.

If I had to pick now, I'd like to see it be:

- Kal Penn

- ??

And the old guy, who can't really join the team. I think #13 has the looks and personality to 'replace' Cameron in House's eyes, and Kal Penn seems like too 'big' a name to be a bit part. Could well be wrong, and have before. Not sure on a third. The bitch, maybe, but two females might be a bit weird. Would be an interesting dynamic, though. The black, Mormon guy is cool - but perhaps too similar to Foreman.

I love House, definately one of the best shows of it's type on TV. I've loved the first two episodes of this season so far, there is a bit of a hole with Foreman/Chase/Cameron not there to enable House, but the interactions with Wilson/House, House/Cuddy and Anybody/House have all filled that small void a little and now that Chase/Cameron are on site, I'm sure I'll get used to not having them there.

PS: I agree with House, Cameron looks like a hooker with that hair.

Really, really good episode in my eyes. It depressed the hell out of me for some reason. Chase and Cameron playing a part in this was good, as well as Foreman making up for his mistake, but getting sacked. I'm seeing him return to the hospital soon. I'm thinking that he's going to keep Kal Penn, the bitchy chick and the one that killed wheelchair guy, as well as old guy without certifications.

Edited by Hellfire

I think it's fairly obvious Foreman's coming back, I don't think in charge of House though. They've done that already, and it wasn't as interesting as it could've been. To be honest, Foreman annoys the heck out of me. He's like a black cut-throat bitch. I think it's more likely he'll run a team with Cameron and Chase and compete with House, which would be very interesting.

Really, really good episode in my eyes. It depressed the hell out of me for some reason. Chase and Cameron playing a part in this was good, as well as Foreman making up for his mistake, but getting sacked. I'm seeing him return to the hospital soon. I'm thinking that he's going to keep Kal Penn, the bitchy chick and the one that killed wheelchair guy, as well as old guy without certifications.

Yeah, it was a sad episode. The scene where

The guy's dying and asks for his dog, then asks her to put his hand on the dog's head right before dies. And judging from House's experience after electrocution and his remarks to the guy, I guess he didn't see anything special, eh? Or at least he wants it to seem that way..