The releases you're most looking forward to this year...

I'm looking forward to Crysis, COD4: Modern Warfare, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed and Half Life 2: Episode Two. Sadly I'll probably only be able to play HL2: Episode Two and COD4 (with low graphics and fps). I don't have a DX10 card for Crysis and I don't have a next-gen console either. So I don't know why I'm looking forward to them....but they are just awesome.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA IV, Assassin's Creed and BioShock are the big ones.

If they're coming out this year, Army of Two, Alan Wake and Kane & Lynch are also big ones.

Overlord, Mass Effect, Devil May Cry 4, Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway, Fable 2 and Bad Company are all the other ones I'm currently looking forward to.

PARAPPA THE RAPPER'S COMING TO PSP!

In July!

Happiness.

Hooray, another Playstation port, the PSP needs more of those <_<

It needs PaRappa, as long as they add more levels.

As a rule its best to ignore the games they TRY to port over, but end up having to change (Scarface, Godfather). It's also best to avoid driving games (except Wipeout). Generally sports games work well (Everybody's Golf, Pro Evo 5), strategy games work well (Footy Manager '06-'07) and the games they actually make effort to make standalone work well (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Locoroco, Killzone).

Lazy crossovers are a waste of time but Gitaroo Man was massively addictive and fun while it lasted so I've no reason not to get excited by PaRappa.

Also the chance to play Syndicate thanks to the EA Replay collection is great.

So rule of thumb: Ignore lazy crossover games cos, just like with every console ever...They're generally useless and pointless.

Same with the DS. Rejoice in the games that make an effort to make the most of the DS (Trauma Centre, Lost In Blue - whether you like it or not, Elite Beat Agents, even Cooking Mama). Some handheld games have now been so successful they've been ported UPWARDS onto the daddy consoles - Cooking Mama onto Wii and Mercury onto PS2 AND Wii.

Hush Benji, PSP is wonderful! You can even make VOIP calls soon!

Anyway...games. GTAIV is a given, looking forward to see what innovations FM2008 offers up and maybe the online game too. Should be interesting to see if PES takes a step forward now it's had time to settle on 360 and now has PS3 on the market too, or if it will be another stale offering. If Phantom Hourglass manages to make a 2007 release that should be very entertaining, if only for the potential outcry from hardcore Zelda fans.

I'm looking forward to Crysis, COD4: Modern Warfare, GTA IV, Assassin's Creed and Half Life 2: Episode Two. Sadly I'll probably only be able to play HL2: Episode Two and COD4 (with low graphics and fps). I don't have a DX10 card for Crysis and I don't have a next-gen console either. So I don't know why I'm looking forward to them....but they are just awesome.

Brothers in Arms was horrible. Or at least, it was if I'm remembering it right. 'The Road To Hill 70' or something, wasn't it? It was really proud of itself for taking the programmers on a 'realistic army mission', and putting the emphasis on tactics and strategy. So much so that it forgot it was supposed to be a game. Grr.

As for games I'm looking forward to this year... Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (not this calendar year, but still this year :P),

Team Fortress 2 (I've been waiting so fucking long...)

Speedball 2 (even though calling it Speedball 2 is a fucking travesty that implies the original Speedball 2 was a figment of our imaginations).

M2TW: Kingdoms

Assasin's Creed

Spore!!

Unreal Tournament 3

Brothers in Arms was horrible. Or at least, it was if I'm remembering it right. 'The Road To Hill 70' or something, wasn't it? It was really proud of itself for taking the programmers on a 'realistic army mission', and putting the emphasis on tactics and strategy. So much so that it forgot it was supposed to be a game. Grr.

As for games I'm looking forward to this year... Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (not this calendar year, but still this year :P),

Speedball 2 (even though calling it Speedball 2 is a fucking travesty that implies the original Speedball 2 was a figment of our imaginations).

Assasin's Creed

Spore!!

Unreal Tournament 3

......bwhahahahahahahahahahaha. This year? I'd say Christmas 2008 if you're very lucky.

GTA IV

MGS4 (if it makes it for this year)

Devil May Cry 4

Haze

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Heavenly Sword

Army of Two

Mercenaries 2

Stranglehold

Kane &Lynch: Dead Men

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Warhawk

LittleBigPlanet

Hot Shots Tennis

Manhunt 2

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Silent Hill: Origins

Assasin's Creed

Spore!!

Unreal Tournament 3

......bwhahahahahahahahahahaha. This year? I'd say Christmas 2008 if you're very lucky.