Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

If Chelsea play like this they're gonna get nowhere in the league. While I think both the teams weren't impressive, the difference between Man Utd and Chelsea was that most their players were averagely good (bar Silvestre/Ferdinand), while in the case of Chelsea, I didn't even notice Lampard or Essien touch the ball and their defense looked hit or miss, also love SWP running across the pitch to cross to no one :shifty: . Looks like the players may have to adapt to going back to work with less space. Also, lol at Ashley Cole man of the match.

That and in a little over a year, Lampard has missed 3 penalties in 3 important shoot outs, you would think they'd start telling him to sit the fuck down come shoot out time from now on.

As a United fan, I will be fair to Chelsea and not judge them by how they played in the Community Shield game. After all, it's only another pre-season friendly. They were also without quite a few key players.

I do agree that Lamps and Essien were hardly noticed though, but in saying that, there wasn't really an outstanding United player I don't think.

Evra was awesome.

No, I'm wrong, he was. He played really well the other day, and he's improved alot since joining us. I suppose what got me was the fact that Ashley Cole of all people was given the MOTM award.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chelsea play like this they're gonna get nowhere in the league. While I think both the teams weren't impressive, the difference between Man Utd and Chelsea was that most their players were averagely good (bar Silvestre/Ferdinand), while in the case of Chelsea, I didn't even notice Lampard or Essien touch the ball and their defense looked hit or miss, also love SWP running across the pitch to cross to no one :shifty: . Looks like the players may have to adapt to going back to work with less space. Also, lol at Ashley Cole man of the match.

That and in a little over a year, Lampard has missed 3 penalties in 3 important shoot outs, you would think they'd start telling him to sit the fuck down come shoot out time from now on.

As a United fan, I will be fair to Chelsea and not judge them by how they played in the Community Shield game. After all, it's only another pre-season friendly. They were also without quite a few key players.

I do agree that Lamps and Essien were hardly noticed though, but in saying that, there wasn't really an outstanding United player I don't think.

Evra was awesome.

No, I'm wrong, he was. He played really well the other day, and he's improved alot since joining us. I suppose what got me was the fact that Ashley Cole of all people was given the MOTM award.

On the coach on the way back we had a debate about Cole getting Motm, Most of though Evra should of got it.

Ive decided to change my prediction for the outcome of the league after looking at some of the squads in more detail. The top four remain the same but the rest has all changed lol.

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

---------------------------------------------

Newcastle

Tottenham

Portsmouth

West Ham

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Wigan

Everton

Man City

Fulham

Bolton

Middlesbrough

Birmingham

Reading

Sunderland

Derby

Newcastle

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Portsmouth

West Ham

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Wigan

Everton

Man City

Fulham

Bolton

Middlesbrough

Birmingham

Reading

Derby

Sunderland

(Y)

Wherever I'm reading Premier League previews, no-one seems to know how Fulham are going to do, and its the same with me. Some people say we'll go down, others are touting us for mid table with ease.......obviously, I'm hoping for the latter.

I'd say all teams from 10-16 or so are virtually interchangable come the end of the season. It's usually all very tight in that section and a 2 or 3 wins at the end of the season can see the team go from looking almost relegation bound to knocking on the door of Europe almost.

Newcastle

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Portsmouth

West Ham

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Wigan

Everton

Man City

Fulham

Bolton

Middlesbrough

Birmingham

Reading

Derby

Sunderland

(Y)

You must surely be a Newcastle fan to tip them for the title.

Guest Ringie 500

Wherever I'm reading Premier League previews, no-one seems to know how Fulham are going to do, and its the same with me. Some people say we'll go down, others are touting us for mid table with ease.......obviously, I'm hoping for the latter.