Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace got better as the match wore on in my opinion. Nosworthy and McShane were rocks from the get go. Richardson I was impressed with, Etuhu as well. Edwards was quite good, but can be a lot better and give a lot more.

Jenas I was unimpressed with, as per usual. And Zokora's dive was rather depressing, he doesn't need to do it because he's a brilliant player. He's one of the most fearsome players I can think of when he runs at players with a ball, great speed and control.

Kaboul is going to be a force, glad we got him first game before he can really settle properly because I have no doubt he'll keep improving.

Seems maybe a bit churlish to begrudge Sunderland a win there, with the best will in the world they're not going to be troubling us at the end of the season and Spurs have often gotten off to a shaky start and gone on to qualify for Europe. The big push this year will be to break into the top 4, Arsenal are going to have a tough year and we should be looking to capitalise. I think that with 4 strikers all looking to get games under their belts, it could go two ways - either it'll be good for competition, or it'll unsettle the two players on the pitch if they see the other two warming up. Berbatov hardly looked happy with being substituted today, and that's an alarm bell already.

But, the news of the day is well done to Sunderland, they dealt with Spurs very well and it was a scrappy win, but maybe they deserved it. Against anybody else, I'd not have minded half as much. I've had a soft spot for them the past few years, so best of luck to them and I hope they can do well. Just don't take it too hard when we get the 'W' back at the Lane. :P

Spurs seem to be lacking in midfield, can't see the point of having 4 great strikers if your midfield isn't up to scratch.

Very well played by Sunderland today over the game you have to say they deserved the win as they had more of the possesion and seemed to pass it about better than Spurs. Although Sunderland were dire at using their free kicks and corners.

Spurs seem to be lacking in midfield, can't see the point of having 4 great strikers if your midfield isn't up to scratch.

Very well played by Sunderland today over the game you have to say they deserved the win as they had more of the possesion and seemed to pass it about better than Spurs. Although Sunderland were dire at using their free kicks and corners.

...And Kieran Richardson was much the blame for most of them. He took the odd FK/corner when he was at United and didn't look too convincing. I guess he's only good at set pieces when wearing an England shirt.