Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Tottenham want to get rid of Jol? Who can they realistically bring in that could be better for them than him? Short-sightedness on the parts of fans and boards really annoys me.

I'd take Lippi anyday over Jol.

An untried manager in the Premiership over someone that has built Spurs into arguably the fifth team in the division?

And I agree that some of it may be paper talk, but the reaction at the start of the Spurs game this week shows that some fans seem willing to follow such suggestions.

Why would Tottenham want to get rid of Jol? Who can they realistically bring in that could be better for them than him? Short-sightedness on the parts of fans and boards really annoys me.

I'd take Lippi anyday over Jol.

Edited by Lost Soul

Why should he be able to choose that he wants to leave and go to Liverpool?! He signed a contract for Man Utd and they're in charge of his future until that contract runs out.

Yeah, I share the same view. If his contract had expired and United were trying to stop him joining Liverpool, then fair enough, he'd be allowed to. The fact is, if he signed a contract at United for X amount of years, he should honour it.

United don't want to sell any player to Liverpool, even if it is somebody who is dis-loyal to the club. Apart from that, I think he's a great player. I'd much rather see him sign for a team abroad, like Fergie has pointed out.

Guest Ringmaster

He probably no longer wants to play at left-back. At least that's what he's said in interviews in Argieland, which is funny because going to Liverpool would probably mean he'd play at left-back.

Wasn't Riise set to leave, though?

Also, Man Utd fans moaning about players moaning about people not honouring contracts is great when you think of all the clubs that moan about Man Utd buying players instead of letting them do the same thing - well mainly us about Rio, but yannow.... That being said, Heinze should shut the fuck up and focus on his football before he ends up being Winston Bogarde 2007, in that he's stuck with the youth team - not that he refused to leave <_ i talk a load of shit :blink:>

Edited by - Matt -