Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DaMan

Chelskis title hopes will be smeared because of....

SuperKevinDavies!

but seriously, I hope Man U win the double, because if they do, Everton get 4.5 Mill!

"Smeared"? :shifty:

Both Chelsea and Man Utd will win, making the whole thing rather moot. Then we'll have Man Utd celebrating amidst statements of "the job is only half done" over the following week. In the meantime, people like Joe Cole/John Terry/Frank Lampard will make endless, tedious newspaper interviews all saying exactly the same thing. Then when the final in Moscow comes, they'll lose in a night of horrible football akin to any of last season's European matches we had against Liverpool.

Yeah, pessimistic much? >_>

As for today, I guess I'll watch the Chelsea game on Sky Sports 2, possibly flicking over to the Man Utd game on Sky Sports 1...or alternatively, I could just wait to hear the groans and/or cheers from the crowd at Stamford Bridge when they get word of someone scoring. ¬_¬

Chelsea will win by a goal or two. Man Utd I can see scoring about 3 or 4 against Wigan, neither teams conceding.

Despite what managers say, Bolton and Wigan aren't going to go out there and "give it there all" when it's obvious they all have eyes on their holiday destinations. It'll be a massive anti-climax as both teams will probably win without a massive amount of trouble.

I'm hoping we can draw against Arsenal's young guns and if Middlesbrough lose to Man City that will see us up to 14th. Which is fantastic. At the start of the season, I predicted 16th, we're currently in 15th (can only go to 16th if we lose and Bolton beat Chelsea - which won't happen) and we can move as high as 13th should we win, and Boro and Wigan both lose or draw. Unlikely for sure, but depends what team Arsenal field.

Either way 15th is a good achievement for us, and it's all about building on it for next season.

Olof Mellberg makes his final appearance for Villa today before heading for Juventus. As a leaving gift, he has given every single Villa fan at Upton Park today an away shirt with his name and number on the back with the message 'thanks for the support'.

From BBC Sport.

Quite a nice jesture I suppose.

I won't begrudge Villa getting 6th (or even 5th) but our needs come first. >_>

Tbh, I am more in need of a Jason Roberts goal than anything else due to a season long bet of who will score more, him and Vorinin. :(