Transformers

zero

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They destroyed downtown Detroit :(

The guy behind me was all like "They filmed the whole thing in downtown Detroit. OMG, there's Fort Street because that street sign says 'Fort' on it!" I just wanted to turn around and say "Don't you realize these are probably sets and that they really didn't get gigantic robots that turn into cars to demolish the shit out of these buildings?"

I pirated the movie <_ and i hated it. that movie sucked so much ass. :thumbsdown: as my rating.>

I'd ask you to elaborate, but I'm afraid it'd just be a waste of all of our time.

I give your review :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Way to contribute.

Personally I thought it was great. Far exceeded my expectations and I'm considering seeing it again before it leaves theaters. Granted there were plot holes, but christ, its a movie about giant robots from space, I can forgive it.

Edited by Maxx

I saw it last night. Greatest movie ever made. Unfortunately I now have to break up with my girlfriend to pursue Megan Fox.

EDIT: The only way that movie could have been any better is if Megan Fox was naked, or at least topless.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Eh, it dragged on way too long. I didn't give a shit about any of the characters because, as somebody has said, they were far too cliche(the humans at least). And there was not nearly enough time spent making me give a shit about any of the Autobots not named Bumblebee or Optimus, or any Decepticons not called Megatron. I didn't even know Jazz's name until I came on here. I guess if you're a big Transformers mark you accept some of those flaws, and that's fair enough, if I had any recollection of the show from my childhood maybe I'd feel differently but it just felt like a carbon copy of many of the other summer popcorn flicks over the years.

I don't feel Im over analysing either, I went into the movie expecting nothing but 'splosions. It was a decent sensless movie but its just like, I feel peoples opinions are most definately jaded by the nostalgia trip more than the actual quality of the movie.

I've got to say I really enjoyed transformers, and that it was much better than I anticipated. The acting was fine (in a campy sense) for the most part and the film is genuinely funny most of the time.

My only slight gripe is that when the transformers walk/jump, etc, why don't they damage the ground? There are bits where they are sat on houses, walls, etc and it just seems like they'd be too heavy for them to hold. Is it any oversight? Or is it meant to be 'because they are aliens'?

Just saw it today. Awesome. Most of the stuff that was supposed to funny wasn't, but every time the Transformers came on screen I came. Not the type of film I'd like to watch again unless I get my hands on a 70-inch TV, though, because it's all about the experience.

I pirated the movie <_ and i hated it. that movie sucked so much ass. :thumbsdown: as my rating.>

I'd ask you to elaborate, but I'm afraid it'd just be a waste of all of our time.

I give your review :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Way to contribute.

Personally I thought it was great. Far exceeded my expectations and I'm considering seeing it again before it leaves theaters. Granted there were plot holes, but christ, its a movie about giant robots from space, I can forgive it.

His 'review' was no different to people coming in and saying "Saw it today, awesome!!" go ask all them to elaborate too.

1. Pirating the movie shoes that you didn't care much about the franchise to begin with.

2. You review is so detailed that I honestly have changed my mind about the movie. I hate it too just because you do.

3.You're obviously one of those people who no matter how great something is you won't like it because of all the hype it's gotten. I bet you thought Spiderman 3 sucked too, but you absoultely loved Mr. Bean's Holiday.

4. Am I the only one surprised it only made 30 million in opening weekend stateside? And was it not released in the UK?

Ohnoes, he disagrees with yr opinion of the movie, the obvious thing to do is insult his taste his movies.

I pirate music & movies, doesn't mean I don't care about a band/franchise. I just love point 3. It's my favourite.

I saw it last week and generally loved it, it made me feel like a little kid again, then when Megan Fox showed up, a hormonal teenager :wub:

Frenzy was slighty annoying as he seemed to ba a character ripoff of Scrat from Ice Age. They so should have brought in Ravage, Rumble and Laserbeak (Soundwave's original cassette robots) instead.

There wasn't enough Starscream, who didn't have any of his treacherous original character and...

at the end, the robots are hiding on earth and the kids parents (and I assume the rest of world) are oblivious to them, how do they explain half a city been blown to bits

Finally, I really want a Camaro now too...seriously.

Saw it yesterday. Starscream sucked. I didn't really like it. Yeah, it had some of the cheesiness of the original, however I just didn't feel all that nostalgic. It missed the spark of the cartoon. It looked very good though, but it just didn't have the spark to entive me in. The girlfriend loved it though.

Wow...it's frightening that my opinion of the film is almost EXACTLY the same as Zero's. They really couldn't work out whether it was aimed at kids, teenagers, adults or people who watched the original, which really annoyed me.

My friends came out of it calling it "wicked" and they took the piss when I said it was only "very good", but that was right after walking out of the cinema and my opinion has now changed to "good".

The Transfomers were done fantastically, looked amazing, but the sub-plots were silly and pointless. It's sad that seeing Tom Lenk in a Hollywood film was the best part of the film when the Transformers weren't on screen.

Saw it last night, it was horrible.

It was the most awful thing I've ever seen. I hated almost every second of it.

The Robot fights were amazing, but everything else just made me want to crawl up and die.

That CD Player robot putting his hand over his face, the robots destroying the lawn, the masturbation joke, turning the Nokia into a robot, the best hacker in the world, the secretary of defence choosing high school kids to help him, the Sneaky Sneaky guy from Mr Deeds entire character, the fact that the camera shook so much you couldn't see anything, the whole thing about the glasses, ebay, ladiesman217. God I hated it.