The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Ruki

So, I just got a 360, and with it, Oblivion. I am in love with the game, simple as that. But I got pissed off, I had the game for a day, and put about 7 hours into it and on one of the quests it freezes. Problem is, my auto save was on the quest, and my other save file was also on the quest. So, I was stuck because

it was the quest where the pirates take over the ship/inn.

Anyone else have that happen? Because of it I had to restart my game. So yes, let the general/helpful/ect. discussion of Oblivion begin.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember ever doing that quest.

I did screw up one for the Mages Guild...

The one with the vampire hunters...I kinda killed all the vampires before the hunters left town, so I had to somehow kill them all while they were in town (because they wouldn't leave). I ended up going out and questing a bit, saving up an assload of gold, and just paying the fine for each one)

I've easily put 50 hours in, and I finished all the Fighters, Mages, Dark Brotherhood/Black Hand, and main storyline quests. All well worth it, too, none of them had shitty endings. I was surprised.

This is probably the best game I've ever played. I can't really think of any major flaws in it as the graphics are fantastic, story is great, gameplay is smooth and fluid, and there is plenty of replay value.

I'm excited for Two Worlds since it should follow the formula of Oblivion fairly close, but offer the gamer something different.

This is the game that is turning me into an RPG fan (as long as it's not turn based).

I've got it for the PS3, it's cool.

I've completed the Thieves Guild quests, and accidentally got myself kicked out of the Mages Guild in the process. Completed the Dark Brotherhood, and I'm just about to start the Fighters Guild. After that it's back to the Mages, and then off for the Knights of the Nine.

And I still am not capable of killing a troll.

Good thing the PS3 version the loading times were sorted out. :D I've mainly just done loads of minor quests, just the ones you get from talking to random NPC's. Just started the fighter's guild stuff and done the Sheogorath shrine, had to kill the innkeeper to get the cheese but that'll get me in to the Dark Brotherhood. :P

I got into the Dark Brotherhood after killing this old lady who was apart of a quest, after I completed it of course. She had nothing left to live for, so I was nice and ended the suffering.

The only quest I've finished is the one

where you go into an Oblivion Gate to rescue some soldier, then you go into Kvatch itself and kill all of the demons.

The thing is video game crack. It started out incredible, then it just got overwhelming and I wanted to stop, but I felt like I had to keep playing. I finally just took it back to work.

I despise Vampirism.

I want to play the game everytime I tlak about it but then I load up my game and need to wait til night to do anything worthwhile, and sometimes, quests dont start til during the day which means I get fucked up everytime. I wish the cure wasnt so annoying.

What makes it worse is I just bought some of the non-SI expansions :( and really wanted to try them out.

I despise Vampirism.

I want to play the game everytime I tlak about it but then I load up my game and need to wait til night to do anything worthwhile, and sometimes, quests dont start til during the day which means I get fucked up everytime. I wish the cure wasnt so annoying.

What makes it worse is I just bought some of the non-SI expansions :( and really wanted to try them out.

Annoying? I found finding the cure to actually be pretty fun and if anything too short. I understand how annoying it is to be a Vampire, so almost immediately after contracting it when I fell asleep in one of the shacks outside the Imperial City (where the Thieves Guild meet), I went on the quest to find the cure.

As for the game itself. I agree completely with the sentiment that it is game crack. It gets you hooked IMMEDIATELY. So much so that I've had the game for a few months now and I've yet to touch the main mission, showing just how fun the side quests are. I've completed the Thieves Guild quests and the Dark Brotherhood quests as well as conquered the Fighter's Arena in the Imperial City. Other than that I've done a few jobs for the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild.

I contracted vampirism 19 in-game days into my game >_>

I think it's pretty useful at times though, the advanced ability to turn invisible helped the thieves guild quests to no end, and the added stat boosts are well worth it. I've been raped by the sun a few times though, but I think it's easy enough to find someone to feed on for a while.

Yeah I got vampire turned into a vampire during the Dark Brotherhood questline and have never searched for a cure. You get over encumbered less and you get Hunter's Sight, which I find ultra useful

The Waterfront house is 1000 gold IIRC, and you go into one of the places in the Market Sector to buy it. I can't remember the name of the place, but it's something to do with Commerce. It's a shithole from what I've heard, though. There's a house in Anvil for 5000 gold (with a quest attached), which to get you have to speak to a guy named Velwyn Benirus in the Count's Arms in Anvil. The Anvil house is well worth it imo.

What race do you guys like playing as the most? I've played as a Breton, a Wood-elf, an Argonian, and have an Orc character that isn't far in the game. The Argonian's Water Breathing is very useful, and the Breton is awesome when it comes to magic. My Wood-elf was the marksman, though. I loved getting the 6x damage bonus message when I sniped some random from across the room/cave/etc.

Edited by DoubleX

Hmmm....guess I'll save up for that house then.

As to your second question, I am a Kajjite(sp)....the felineish-race. Just because of their stat bonuses towards being a theif. I'll probably start another game or two....focusing mainly on physical or magical abilities.

And is it just me...or is the paint quest fucking hard? The one where you go into the painting and fight the trolls....is it because I am not leveled enough, or what? But I can manage to kill 3 of them (using all the turpentine), but the other 2-3 ass fuck me before I can even get close to the theif.

I think I've preferred being a Red Guard thus far. No real reason, they're just handsome. :blush:

I was a vampire I think for 33 days in one game, but then went and found myself a cure. It was enjoyable, but being in the sun is a pain in the ass. It was funny bringing vampire dust's to this one fellow in the Imperial City, he paid me a bounty of 250 gold for them, unaware that I was also a creature of the night.

I love the NPC's in this game.