Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I've stopped now because NXT is on, but over the course of the last three hours I managed to get Tifa, Barrett, Aeris, Red XIII and Yuffie all up to the top of their Level 3 Limit Breaks. It was both the most productive and the least productive afternoon of my life.

• Like 4

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pizza said:

FF6 is now on Steam. Seems expensive though.

34 minutes ago, Ruki said:

And it looks ugly.

As I understand it, it's a port of the mobile version that was recently released. For whatever reason, they changed the graphical style, taking something that was fine as it was and making it look like Baby's First RPG.

15 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

As I understand it, it's a port of the mobile version that was recently released. For whatever reason, they changed the graphical style, taking something that was fine as it was and making it look like Baby's First RPG.

It is the mobile version, yeah. The lead artist explained that when you HD'd the original some really obvious break lines and errors came up, so they had to be redrawn. That meant larger scale and yadda yadda. Doesn't change the fact that it looks like shit regardless.

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Looks like Square are considering a summer release for FFXV... but are worried about Persona 5. This has done nothing but finally convince me 100% to get Persona 5, nice going Square :lol:

This is amazing. This is literally the best thing I've seen all day. I wish they would release at the same time, just so they can get crushed by a fantastic JRPG.

But Benji, for real, you should play Persona 3 and 4 if you get a chance. (Persona 4 Golden on PSVita, if you have one, is apparently amazing)

I'm not generally a JRPG player, but I enjoyed Persona 4 Golden. The dungeon-crawling is a little uninspired, and the combat is pretty much standard fare, but the story and characters are the real stars of the show. They take what appears on paper to be a dull sales pitch and make something that's surprisingly memorable and engaging. I'd definitely give it a recommendation.

More news on FF7...

Final Fantasy VII Remake Gets New Information on Minigames, Overworld and More

A few more pieces of information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake have emerged via an interview to Producer Toshinori Kitase and Director Tetsuya Nomura on Dengeki PlayStation, reported thanks to a leaked copy by the Japanese blog Hachima Kikou.

• The game will have full voice overs, so characters that weren’t in Advent Children will need new voice actors. They haven’t been decided yet.
  • The date event will be fully voiced, but due to changes in the social situation certain scenes have to be implemented carefully, like the Honey Bee Inn.
  • Info on the overworld cannot be provided yet, but it won’t be an open world or sandbox game. Nomura-san is more interested in showing how characters affect the environment.
  • Minigames that have left an impression with the fans will be included. The inclusion of the smaller ones will require consideration, as they all need to be developed with the latest tech.
  • The game’s development is in the initial stages, they started developing the battle system.
  • No information can be shared on whether the game will be out by 2017, but more information on that might come after the release of World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD in 2016.

This best not mean they're changing Wall Market in any way, shape, or form :angry:

I can see they have to make the, erm, 'brothel' aspect more oblique... The central aspect of Don Corneo kidnapping girls in search of a bride shouldn't need to change though.

(Speaking of Corneo, for some reason no matter how often I play this game I *always* forget about his reappearance in Wutai - so it's a delightful surprise when it happens each time :lol:)

• Like 2

Good news, yet again it's shitty translation that causes annoyance:

Regarding Voices…

Nomura: “Basically, it will be fully voiced. We still haven’t decided the voices of the characters that weren’t in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.”

So does that mean dating events will be fully voiced?

Kitase: “It would be impossible not to. (Laughs.) However, since it’s different from that time and social situation, we need implement the reproduction of original events carefully.”

Nomura: “Ah, the Honey Bee Inn… (Laughs.)”

Is the map open world?

Kitase: “We can’t say anything yet, but we don’t plan on fussing about whether it’s a so-called open-world or sandbox. But since Nomura is more focused on the creation of the scenery, we want to express an environment character actions affect the scenery.”

Will there be mini-games?

Kitase: “We want to put the mini-games that remain favorable among fans in as much as possible.”

Nomura: “There were a lot of things from big to small, but we need to consider a bit whether it’s necessary to create them all with the latest technology.”

Kitase: “The development staff is also thinking about what to do with the mini-games.”

How’s production going?

Kitase: “We’re at the stage where we can say we’re finally getting started. We have ideas regarding battles, too, but it will take time to drop them into the actual game.”

Final Fantasy VII‘s 20th anniversary is in 2017. Can we expect anything for its original release date on January 31?

Kitase: “I can’t say anything at the moment. (Laughs.)”

Nomura: “Personally, I’m waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 and World of Final Fantasy in 2016. I think when they’re completed, I’ll be able to release new information.”

Type Zero is decent, I like the characters (despite the god awful personal stories) and the world (the feeling that you're a small, but significant cog in the goings on of the world rather than the be all end all is a great touch). The actual gameplay itself is extremely simplistic but enjoyable. Also, as with any time mechanic - it sucks (seriously why on earth do developers keep insisting on putting these things in games), but okay game to waste a few hours on.