Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the video that ApSham linked to :P

Cosmo Canyon!

I have this horrible feeling as the game progresses that I won't have done the 'date mechanics' properly to get the Barrett date trophy (despite using a guide) and I'm just going to have to replay 7 or 8 hours for the bloody thing. :shifty: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Only just realised that I also need to target the trophy to learn Aeris' final limit break before...you know...

If I had forgotten about this until it was too late, that would have been quite the rage quit. :shifty: 

Bio-All, her magic messes shit up to earn those A limits, and to earn B limits just give her cover materia yo. Of course, you probably already know this.

You should know that I'm very amateurish in pretty much all of my FF gaming outside of FFX, and tend to just stumble through it all. Only now am I looking at guides that tell me basic stuff like "steal from this guy to get this good armour" and I'm like WOW THIS IS AMAZING, WHO KNEW.

So yeah, I'll try those things. :shifty: 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

You should know that I'm very amateurish in pretty much all of my FF gaming outside of FFX, and tend to just stumble through it all. Only now am I looking at guides that tell me basic stuff like "steal from this guy to get this good armour" and I'm like WOW THIS IS AMAZING, WHO KNEW.

So yeah, I'll try those things. :shifty: 

Yeah, there's a reason I managed to platinum it in 25 hours, I know all the tricks and shit from playing every year for 18 years >_>

Also, if you think you missed the Barret thing and only just started Cosmo Canyon (or have a save just before entering), there's a trick you can do...

The party will split up when they first enter the area. If Barret is in the party during this time, Cloud can converse with him about the formation of AVALANCHE in the room behind the weapon shop.

• "Go on" (+3 Barret)
  • "Not really" (No change)

The second answer:

• "And then" (+3 Barret)
  • "Yeah, whatever..." (No change)

The first question's affection points can be received an unlimited amount of times. After giving the first answer, responding with "Yeah, whatever..." will, due to a scripting error, reset the dialogue when the room is exited and reentered.

Some people have reported that doing it too many times has stopped them getting the trophy, so just do it a couple of times if you followed the guide otherwise, and maybe make a save before the Canyon to be sure.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Bio-All, her magic messes shit up to earn those A limits, and to earn B limits just give her cover materia yo. Of course, you probably already know this.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Yeah, there's a reason I managed to platinum it in 25 hours, I know all the tricks and shit from playing every year for 18 years >_>

Also, if you think you missed the Barret thing and only just started Cosmo Canyon (or have a save just before entering), there's a trick you can do...

Some people have reported that doing it too many times has stopped them getting the trophy, so just do it a couple of times if you followed the guide otherwise, and maybe make a save before the Canyon to be sure.

You're the bestest. :wub:

:pervert:

• Like 1

Have traveled all the way back to the Junon/Fort Condor area to farm limit breaks. Seems the pretty perfect location since:

- the enemies are weak (or they are now I'm around Lv 27+), convenient for racking up the required kills
- the forests in the area have enemies that appear in batches of 3 or 5, which is again convenient for the above
- the flying enemies in the forests seem to have attacks designed to fill up the limit break bars, which is handy
- Fort Condor has free beds for healing

I may be here for the better part of a week. :shifty: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Have traveled all the way back to the Junon/Fort Condor area to farm limit breaks. Seems the pretty perfect location since:

- the enemies are weak (or they are now I'm around Lv 27+), convenient for racking up the required kills
- the forests in the area have enemies that appear in batches of 3 or 5, which is again convenient for the above
- the flying enemies in the forests seem to have attacks designed to fill up the limit break bars, which is handy
- Fort Condor has free beds for healing

I may be here for the better part of a week. :shifty: 

That is indeed the best part on disc one. I tend to grab Yuffi and then grind out her and Aeris' limits there since Yuffie needs it for Wutai.