Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yeah me too, it seems if you've done all the side quests up to that point you'll almost always get Red. 

Yeah, I did most of them. Not doing the pirate treasure (because the reward seems meh), I'm skipping a Gongaga one (because Gongaga), and the last Kyrie mission. 

But I ended up watching the Tifa cutscene on youtube. Gonna watch the rest later I think!

41 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Yeah, I did most of them. Not doing the pirate treasure (because the reward seems meh), I'm skipping a Gongaga one (because Gongaga), and the last Kyrie mission. 

But I ended up watching the Tifa cutscene on youtube. Gonna watch the rest later I think!

It gives you the option to load up whichever one you want at the end game. For Chapter 8 also.

• Like 1

Chapter 13 Protorelic

Spoiler

Jeeze, Gilgamesh island does NOT fuck around. The first fight... Bahamut & Titan at the same time. Fuck off! I tried twice, couldn't even get one of them down, so I bumped it down to easy. Hot dang.

I tried to fight Gilgamesh on Dynamic... whooped my ass. Even on easy it was questionable! But as a character, Gilgamesh is the best!

• Like 1

More chapter 13 stuff

Spoiler

I was going to be PISSED if Cloud killed Elana! Even though they are bad guys, I LOVE the Turks (I can't remember if they had a redemption arc in the original, but they deserve one here I think). Elana with her sparkly, pink uzi is a hilarious sight. 

More chapter 13 stuff

Spoiler

I was going to be PISSED if Cloud killed Elana! Even though they are bad guys, I LOVE the Turks (I can't remember if they had a redemption arc in the original, but they deserve one here I think). Elana with her sparkly, pink uzi is a hilarious sight. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

More chapter 13 stuff

Hide contents

More chapter 13 stuff

Hide contents

Spoiler

Love that we got a Tseng battle in there too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:
  Hide contents

Love that we got a Tseng battle in there too!

Spoiler

Jeeze, his combos were nasty. Basically stunlocked me as Yuffie from full to 25% HP. 

20 minutes ago, Ruki said:
  Hide contents

Jeeze, his combos were nasty. Basically stunlocked me as Yuffie from full to 25% HP. 

Maybe it is quite well balanced, as I found that battle super easy, it was the one before that gave me fits. 😂

Just finished chapter 13, this game, holy shit.

Spoiler

It did a great job of making me start to hate Cloud with his snappiess and impatience towards everyone who just had to relive all of their trauma. It made me almost cry with Cait sacrificing himself, even though I KNEW he was coming back two seconds later. The fucking Whispers coming back! Cloud acting like a fucking serial killer chasing down Aerith. 

Such a high end to the chapter. I feel like if I ever replay this game I am going to skip all the side content. Going hours/days in between the story beats does this game a disservice. The story is just so damn good. 

And now Cloud and Aerith are in the alternate dimension. What is going on?!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ruki said:

Just finished chapter 13, this game, holy shit.

Hide contents

It did a great job of making me start to hate Cloud with his snappiess and impatience towards everyone who just had to relive all of their trauma. It made me almost cry with Cait sacrificing himself, even though I KNEW he was coming back two seconds later. The fucking Whispers coming back! Cloud acting like a fucking serial killer chasing down Aerith. 

Such a high end to the chapter. I feel like if I ever replay this game I am going to skip all the side content. Going hours/days in between the story beats does this game a disservice. The story is just so damn good. 

And now Cloud and Aerith are in the alternate dimension. What is going on?!

Spoiler

This is basically how I feel about the game, side stuff fun but tiresome. Story hits absolutely everything I could have ever wanted/imagined from a remake/retelling/'sequel'. 

I can't wait to hear what you think of the ending!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:
  Hide contents

This is basically how I feel about the game, side stuff fun but tiresome. Story hits absolutely everything I could have ever wanted/imagined from a remake/retelling/'sequel'. 

I can't wait to hear what you think of the ending!

Super near end game spoiler?

Spoiler

I just got the Cloud/Zack back to back team up before I had to go do chores. I think I'm at the end?

1. I was like "Fuck no!" when Sephiroth showed up to stab Aerith

2. I cheered when Cloud broke free of the Whispers and smacked him away

3. THen I was VERY confused that she's still laid out and sorta bleeding? I think the worlds are combining into one??

4. They did my favorite trope of fighting with every party member to take down the boss, and then the cutscene where they are all fucking up JENOVA... fuck I LIVE for that shit. 

5. Why they gotta do Biggs dirty like that?!

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Super near end game spoiler?

Hide contents

I just got the Cloud/Zack back to back team up before I had to go do chores. I think I'm at the end?

1. I was like "Fuck no!" when Sephiroth showed up to stab Aerith

2. I cheered when Cloud broke free of the Whispers and smacked him away

3. THen I was VERY confused that she's still laid out and sorta bleeding? I think the worlds are combining into one??

4. They did my favorite trope of fighting with every party member to take down the boss, and then the cutscene where they are all fucking up JENOVA... fuck I LIVE for that shit. 

5. Why they gotta do Biggs dirty like that?!

Spoiler

Yeah you’re at the final boss.

There’s loads of different theories that make sense on how everything ends. 

The Biggs one theory is seemingly to do with will to continue, whereas Zack won’t give up no matter what, Biggs gives up the first sign of a problem. Although they’re always chasing Zack so perhaps it’s fate chasing him down as it’s always the Shinra soldiers. I think the Avalanche stuff was wrapped up with the date/show. Although I was hoping for more of all three.

On 22/04/2024 at 11:30, Captain Kirk said:

Credits rolled, wonderful.

Cannot wait to see what Part 3 has to offer.

The next 3-4 years will be torture.

Spoiler

Cloud with Aerith as a ghost for the final game could be fun. But.... man... I thought we broke the cycle Final Fantasy 1 style. Aerith was supposed to live, dammit!

Tifa is taking it way harder than anyone. I'd honestly prefer her to be the main character going forward, especially with Cloud being a secret evil puppet.

Now, the question is, what universe is Zack in?

Fantastic game. If anyone is still playing, rush the story. It should be experienced with minimal breaks. The rewards for the side quests ain't worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

The next 3-4 years will be torture.

Reveal hidden contents

Fantastic game. If anyone is still playing, rush the story. It should be experienced with minimal breaks. The rewards for the side quests ain't worth it.

Spoiler

There's two theories I've heard that I really like, Aerith does exist in a parallel universe except only Cloud can see her as he's the one that's been in different universes. 

You passed a full Holy material to this universes Aerith during all over the place scene, that is also with original lifestream Aerith which is why Sephiroth says 'this is where you've been hiding'.

There's also the theory that the Aerith that Cloud is seeing is completely in his imagination with him breaking down and refusing to accept her death.

I've just got a Steam Deck so can see me replaying Remake soon and then keeping my fingers crossed Rebirth can play on it at release at its lowest settings. 😂

• Like 1