Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I think Gongaga is gonna be the open world area to break me. There are so many dead ends and narrow paths that makes traversing the place just not fun. It took me 15 minutes of wandering around to be able to find my way to one of the towers! Protorelic so I can see more Gilgamesh story and the one that boosts the summon materia, that's it! The reward isn't worth the hassle (especially because I never care about 100% games).

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/03/2024 at 18:04, Ruki said:

I think Gongaga is gonna be the open world area to break me. There are so many dead ends and narrow paths that makes traversing the place just not fun. It took me 15 minutes of wandering around to be able to find my way to one of the towers! Protorelic so I can see more Gilgamesh story and the one that boosts the summon materia, that's it! The reward isn't worth the hassle (especially because I never care about 100% games).

I'm rounding towards the end of the game and traversing Gongaga has been the worst part so far. That and Chadley.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

I'm rounding towards the end of the game and traversing Gongaga has been the worst part so far. That and Chadley.

Good to know that Gongaga is the worst of it. How many chapters are there? I know there are at least 12. 

Also, do they ever name the Weapon from Chapter 9? It doesn't look like Emerald or Diamond. 

Gongaga also got markedly better once I had enough fast travel spots opened up. They do reward you for suffering through it and much of the core storyline in the region takes you through a lot of it. The protorelic quest was the one that was super annoying at the end, I believe two of its locations were very out of the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Also, do they ever name the Weapon from Chapter 9? It doesn't look like Emerald or Diamond. 

Spoiler

I've heard talk that it itself isn't WEAPON but instead PART of one of the WEAPON. Hence not being named.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Good to know that Gongaga is the worst of it. How many chapters are there? I know there are at least 12. 

I think I'm towards the end of chapter 13 and there's just one more to go.

I don't think the Weapon was named, but I might just have missed it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Biological Intel: Head Case can get all the way fucked.

Spoiler

So I will caveat this by saying I didn't beat it but had some bad luck. Your party members won't target enemies who are asleep, so my trick has been to go in with Tifa (with as many speed boosts as possible) to hit Sleep as early as possible. Then keep an ATB charge waiting for the sleep timer to almost expire and hit it again. All the while having Haste cast by someone else (Yuffie), and then using Cloud or Red or someone else to rapidly fire off Abilities.

When you get a synergy, hit it, stagger the Mindflayer, and unload with the most powerful abilities everyone has. I got screwed because in doing this I let the sleep timer expire and my AI immediately took out one of the minions with him.

I also read if you turn your allies to Frogs they'll be too weak to do anything and you can cheese the Mindflayer to 0 HP and then just fire off a summon to finish the battle.

5 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:
  Hide contents

So I will caveat this by saying I didn't beat it but had some bad luck. Your party members won't target enemies who are asleep, so my trick has been to go in with Tifa (with as many speed boosts as possible) to hit Sleep as early as possible. Then keep an ATB charge waiting for the sleep timer to almost expire and hit it again. All the while having Haste cast by someone else (Yuffie), and then using Cloud or Red or someone else to rapidly fire off Abilities.

When you get a synergy, hit it, stagger the Mindflayer, and unload with the most powerful abilities everyone has. I got screwed because in doing this I let the sleep timer expire and my AI immediately took out one of the minions with him.

I also read if you turn your allies to Frogs they'll be too weak to do anything and you can cheese the Mindflayer to 0 HP and then just fire off a summon to finish the battle.

I cheesed it.

Spoiler

Set it to easy difficulty, solo'd the fight as Tifa. Took 2-3 tries. Magnify + Sleep to put the two things asleep and just went to town on the mindflayer with a limit break. 

Early chapter 10 stuff, not really a spoiler

Spoiler

I've only done 90ish minutes in Cosmo Canyon, but I way prefer this open world to Gongaga. More open, you can teleport to the launch pads it seems, less markers. 

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

I cheesed it.

Reveal hidden contents

Early chapter 10 stuff, not really a spoiler

Hide contents

I've only done 90ish minutes in Cosmo Canyon, but I way prefer this open world to Gongaga. More open, you can teleport to the launch pads it seems, less markers. 

Spoiler

Yeah, the fast travel for all the launch pads has been a big feature there since it's not always precise getting from the launch pad to your destination.

Overall just a nice layout for it. Corel Desert and Gongaga have really been the only two parts that have had rather poor design.

19 hours ago, Ruki said:

Cosmo Canyon wtf

Reveal hidden contents

What the hell is that voice Red?!

Spoiler

Think back, you've heard it before. :lol:

In the original game, in Japanese, Red XIII initially speaks like an adult, but once he gets to Cosmo Canyon he changes to talking like only little kids do. Because of how the Japanese language works, there's not an equivalent in English, and it's not as easy to get across. It's kinda reflected in English in the original game, but it's easy to miss. This is their way of getting the same point across, though it is a bit weirder.

Edited by Daniel Bryan
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Daniel Bryan said:
  Hide contents

Think back, you've heard it before. :lol:

In the original game, in Japanese, Red XIII initially speaks like an adult, but once he gets to Cosmo Canyon he changes to talking like only little kids do. Because of how the Japanese language works, there's not an equivalent in English, and it's not as easy to get across. It's kinda reflected in English in the original game, but it's easy to miss. This is their way of getting the same point across, though it is a bit weirder.

Spoiler

Whatever it is, it's terrible. His original voice is awesome. Bah.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah.

Spoiler

Cloud heard Red and Aerith talking behind a closed door.

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

On Chapter 10 now, finding the side stuff a bit of a slog now even with a couple of weeks break. Is it worth persevering with it?

If you're not enjoying it, skip it. It doesn't really add to anything.