Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Benji said:

So if anyone is looking for a good spoiler free guide, PowerPyx is your person. They do a lot of Platinum walkthroughs for games and always include visuals and step by steps. They even tell you when is the best time to do a sweep of the side quests and when to hold off.

FF7 Rebirth Walkthrough by PowerPyx

Can not recommend them enough, as they're my go-to for Platinum walkthroughs for exactly that reason.

Meanwhile, I finished the Chapter 3 in the Mythril Mines last night...

Reveal hidden contents

Second the PowerPyx, I used them for Remake Part 1. 

Chapter 4, MASSIVE SPOILER. DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU HAVE STARTED THE PROTORELIC QUEST IN THIS CHAPTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I AM 100% NOT JOKING, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE STARTED THIS QUEST.

Spoiler

Holy fuck this is amazing. The models are the old game models and the commander for Fort Condor is Gilgamesh :lol: This game is honestly a love letter to Final Fantasy VII whilst also being Final Fantasy VII.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

There is no completion. There is only Queen's Blood card game. Also, Neil can get fucked. Proper challenge that one player is.

Fort Condor in Intermission was a bit like that until I read one guide and some of them had the most broken ways of winning with almost just magic. 

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

How low do you need to get enemies to Morph them? I swear I got enemies low and it said it failed, then a moment later they are killed by the party.

In original it was 1/8 damage so maybe you need to get them that low? Seems like it's a broken mechanic though since you can't stop your allies from attacking.

• Like 1

Ok maybe I don't remember the last one but I'm only 20 minutes in and already incredibly confused

Spoiler

It looks like Aerith and all my friends either died or are injured but then I'm Cloud again just hanging out telling them stories about Sephiroth? Is this some Pulp Fiction type nonsense and everything is out of order? The last game wasn't like that was it?

28 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ok maybe I don't remember the last one but I'm only 20 minutes in and already incredibly confused

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

You know as much as I think any of us do. There was that scene and then we flipped to the Kalm flashback we're all familiar with. I'm expecting as this game, and the next, unfold that the story going on with Zack will be more revealed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Benji said:

Chapter 4, MASSIVE SPOILER. DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU HAVE STARTED THE PROTORELIC QUEST IN THIS CHAPTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I AM 100% NOT JOKING, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE STARTED THIS QUEST.

Hide contents

Holy fuck this is amazing. The models are the old game models and the commander for Fort Condor is Gilgamesh :lol: This game is honestly a love letter to Final Fantasy VII whilst also being Final Fantasy VII.

I love this so much

• Like 1

I'm still very early on, running some side quests in chapter 2, but man, I can't believe this game exists. Remake was a somewhat flawed but wonderful dose of fan-service that I overall adored, this takes that fan-service to the next level. I'm sure I'll have similar complaints about the pacing (as by design in games this big), but as long as it keeps dishing up these grandiose versions of characters, enemies and locales I fell in love with over 25 years ago, I know I'm going to come away with a smile on my face.

I assume based on early stages of chapter 4 that you basically want to run straight through the main objectives until all the side quests open up? And the first side quest to always do should be the one that nets you a chocobo?

Can see where some of the review comments about the general repetitive nature of the regions is coming from based on this. 

However chapter 3

Spoiler

Opening up the Mythril Mine into a massive dungeon was a real joy. This right on the heels of an epic battle in the swamps. These heights are extremely high. I can take repetitive side quests/objectives that I don't ever need to do if I get bored.

• Like 1

Chapter 5 finale...

Spoiler

Jesus Christ, absolutely adoring what they've done with Jenova. She's always been a sort of creepy body horror villain, but the graphics never allowed it to be shown properly before now. That scene in the battle where a fucking army of hands comes bursting out of her was creepy as fuck. I'm really hoping they expand more on the Jenova/Sephiroth relationship in these.

I honestly cannot see them making this just three games. I know they're doing stuff out of order from the original, but even so by the end of this game I can't see them have even having covered all of disc one at this rate. This is going to wind up being 4-5 games minimum.

• Like 1

Just got to Under Junon. Beat all the players there! And did all the quests and markers I could! Noticed that Tifa has less friendship that Aerith. Which is unfortunate, I need that Tifa Gold Saucer date!

In combat I'm liking everyone except Aerith. She's too slow and immobile, but doesn't have the survivability that Barret has. (Also playing on Dynamic Difficulty)

In Queens Blood I WANT to use the One For All deck, but it's not aggressive enough. It's all about that rapid expansion.

10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

In combat I'm liking everyone except Aerith. She's too slow and immobile, but doesn't have the survivability that Barret has. (Also playing on Dynamic Difficulty)

Yeah I've spent most of the game with Aerith in my party but do think it's time to switch it up for Barret. The Cloud, Tifa, and Barret trio is super lethal given that they all can get those gauges filled in a heartbeat.

Aerith will come in handy against certain enemies thanks to her abilities and spellcasting, but think she isn't much use when just in the open world.

• Like 1