Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I have done literally all of them up to this point, and damn it I'm going to to them all.

I'm not interested in the Chronolith Trials and whatnot, though. At least, not unless I decide to platinum this game in a future fit of madness.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What's everyone's favourite FF track? You can only pick one.

I always assumed it would be an Uematsu track, but my actual favourite is "The Price of Freedom" from Crisis Core by Takeharu Ishimoto. I can still remember playing the finale the first time and refusing to let fate decide, hoping I could change the ending. The song has always stuck with me.

Others stick with me too, but I don't think I've ever spent time so emotionally invested in the gameplay than I did then. I honestly think it's going to make a reappearance in ReUnion given they seem to be fighting fate again.

"Boy oh boy. The price of freedom sure is steep."

• Like 1

My 11 year old mind was blown when I got through Midgar and realised there was a whole new world to explore the second biggest game I’d played at that point was Crash Bandicoot having three islands. So that moment just before that realisation in the soundtrack I’ve always loved, not even sure what I love about it.

Do love ‘Price of Freedom’ also though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2023 at 16:05, Captain Kirk said:

My 11 year old mind was blown when I got through Midgar and realised there was a whole new world to explore the second biggest game I’d played at that point was Crash Bandicoot having three islands. So that moment just before that realisation in the soundtrack I’ve always loved, not even sure what I love about it.

Do love ‘Price of Freedom’ also though.

I had the exact same experience. I'd never played a RPG before and had mainly stuck to sports games and the odd platformer.

I assumed the entire game would be set in Midgar and would see us systemically destroy the mako reactors one by one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrhodes said:

I had the exact same experience. I'd never played a RPG before and had mainly stuck to sports games and the odd platformer.

I assumed the entire game would be set in Midgar and would see us systemically destroy the mako reactors one by one.

It's kinda funny, I had some JRPG experience before FFVII because a cousin of mine played them habitually. I played the original Final Fantasy on NES and also had some more forgettable ones on that and my Genesis. So when the game was only of Midgar for a few hours I was pretty confused since I remembered wandering World Maps in all the others.

Makes sense people less familiar with the genre would have a totally opposite experience. Pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I've heard people say that they thought getting to the Shinra Building in FF7 was going to be the end of the game, which baffles me a little. What did they think the other two discs were for?

I was 11 years old I thought I could revive Aerith and the Lara Croft nude cheat existed.