Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Benji said:

Guessing based on what we see that the end of this is the Northern Crater and  WEAPON being unleashed.

Yup, seemed that's where it was likely headed. I think we all know where disc 1 might be concluding too!

I think they have a ton of freedom with the third game as while narratively the Northern Crater is probably a tad over 2/3 of the way through there's so much you can add on based on some of the exposition dialogue crammed in during the game's late stages. Wouldn't be surprised if they go a 2 disc route with that one as well and just flesh out a ton of the stuff that was merely mentioned or in quick cut scenes. They could also just go wild with more shit to do in Midgar as well.

On 15/09/2023 at 14:54, damhausen said:

Yup, seemed that's where it was likely headed. I think we all know where disc 1 might be concluding too!

I think they have a ton of freedom with the third game as while narratively the Northern Crater is probably a tad over 2/3 of the way through there's so much you can add on based on some of the exposition dialogue crammed in during the game's late stages. Wouldn't be surprised if they go a 2 disc route with that one as well and just flesh out a ton of the stuff that was merely mentioned or in quick cut scenes. They could also just go wild with more shit to do in Midgar as well.

Could the second disc be the other reality where Zack survived?

Wutai doesn't seem to be in, and Cid hasn't been shown and Vincent is reportedly not a party member, so it seems some stuff is being saved for Reunion/part 3. I'm all for that decision because it allows the story to breath a bit and allows more depth and focus in the third part. Cid makes a lot more sense to join in part 3 too because you have a lot more airship based stuff.

On 16/09/2023 at 10:33, Ruki said:

If you haven't played FF7R yet, you can get it (and I think the DLC?) and the sequel in a twin pack... for the same price as the sequel. 

Looks like the DLC is included. I never actually played the DLC so I'm probably going to take advantage of this deal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Looks like the DLC is included. I never actually played the DLC so I'm probably going to take advantage of this deal.

I really liked the DLC. Yuffie was delightful and I remember the mini-game being a ton of fun .

• Like 2

FFIX, I like how much clearly accidental the comedic "ooh, soft" moment is to be an accident with better graphics. It was probably the most glaring moment of Zidane being a bit of a pest previously. Also, moments later and just before "that moment" (you know the one), a troubled Vivi says he feels like he's going to be sucked out into the sky. How I missed that absolutely ridiculous foreshadowing before is beyond me.

I have procrastinated for weeks with finishing FF16 (I have no excuse), but tonight I thought...

"It says I'm at 97% of the main story and this looks like I'm about to do the final thing. I could finish the game tonight."

[Game immediately dumps nine new side-quests in my lap all at once]

"Oh."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I have procrastinated for weeks with finishing FF16 (I have no excuse), but tonight I thought...

"It says I'm at 97% of the main story and this looks like I'm about to do the final thing. I could finish the game tonight."

[Game immediately dumps nine new side-quests in my lap all at once]

"Oh."

Yeah, that's FF16 in a nutshell. I was doing most of the side quests until the part that you're probably at. Then I stopped and only did the ones that gave an upgrade or sounded interesting/involved characters I enjoyed.