Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

How far are you in to it? I'd really recommend playing through Intermission too, it's great.

You kind of have to for the story imo 

I blasted through it in 2.5 hours the other night anyway so it's not a huge detour

4 hours ago, LL! said:

Shut up, Ruki and let me know if, since I kind of fucked up in part 1 and set myself up for failure against the final boss and never finished, my stuff will still transfer to this new one?

When it checked my save data, it just said save data, not clear data... so you might be ok! ALthough I'm curious how you set yourself up for failure against the final boss??

I think I already have 6 or 7 hours in this, just got my Chocobo. This is just such a good game. 

3 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

How far are you in to it? I'd really recommend playing through Intermission too, it's great.

I'm not even up to where I made it to before - I just did the first hugely extra bit where you help Jessie out - so I think that puts me in chapter 5. I have five days off coming up though, so that'll give me some time to focus up. I'm playing on proper Easy too, which really kind of fixes another one of the problems that I had before where I didn't find combat all that challenging just... time consuming.

7 minutes ago, apsham said:

I'm not even up to where I made it to before - I just did the first hugely extra bit where you help Jessie out - so I think that puts me in chapter 5. I have five days off coming up though, so that'll give me some time to focus up. I'm playing on proper Easy too, which really kind of fixes another one of the problems that I had before where I didn't find combat all that challenging just... time consuming.

I felt the same about the battles until I learned it more on my third play through, you can absolutely whizz through some of the more long battles with the right tactics. Remember to use focused thrust/strike all the time before staggered. That attack Tifa can use(overpower I think) is really powerful too. Also being able to counter when guarding in the other stance. 

Hard mode was a ton of fun as you had to have particular tactics too.

Okay, rolling up on the close of the first chapter and I have one complaint...

Spoiler

Why does Cloud not have his Pre-Emptive Strike materia to explain him getting the drop on Sephiroth?! That was my favourite little Easter Egg of the original :(

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Yeeeeeeah. I can tell from three games that Queens Blood is going to be dangerous for me.

Kind of annoyed you can't play it constantly like in previous FFs. I want to put 20 hours into it, damn it 

OMG YALL. BEST MOMENT EVER IN GRASSLANDS...

Spoiler

Mog house is a real place in this version of FF7 and not just a Gold Saucer game!

EDIT even better ..

Spoiler

Now I have to round up BABY MOOGLES. Best game ever.

• Like 5

I play more of the main game so I can play more Queen's Blood. 

(Seriously, only 5 people to play this with in Kalm? Boo!)

And advice for anyone who hasn't gotten to far yet! Don't go exploring until you get to the Chocobo Ranch. I ended up having to do a lot of back-tracking.

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

And advice for anyone who hasn't gotten to far yet! Don't go exploring until you get to the Chocobo Ranch. I ended up having to do a lot of back-tracking.

Emphasis on this last point. I explored a lot and there were places that looked like they'd have things to do that were empty so I fortunately connected the dots before too long.

I explored almost the entire eastern coast.

But! I did finish up all the quests and points of interest in the Grasslands, so now I can go see the scary snake. 

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

So if anyone is looking for a good spoiler free guide, PowerPyx is your person. They do a lot of Platinum walkthroughs for games and always include visuals and step by steps. They even tell you when is the best time to do a sweep of the side quests and when to hold off.

FF7 Rebirth Walkthrough by PowerPyx

Can not recommend them enough, as they're my go-to for Platinum walkthroughs for exactly that reason.

Meanwhile, I finished the Chapter 3 in the Mythril Mines last night...

Spoiler

Wow, did not expect so much from that. Really loved that it was a proper dungeon and adored the Mythril Golem fight. I rather epically timed a Titan summon so that its final move was the one that killed the Golem. Earth summon defeating an earth fiend. Just epic cinematic stuff.

• Like 3