Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Benji said:

The hate on Aerith fascinates me. She's been my main party member in almost every battle. Mind, I constantly switch in battle because the party AI isn't nearly aggressive enough for my tastes.

Oh, no hate! I love her, she's in 2 of my 3 party set ups (she also has auto-cast Cure equipped). I just don't like playing AS her. Right now my party set ups are:

Cloud (Leader)-Aerith-Red

Cloud-Tifa (Leader)- Aerith

Cloud-Barret (Leader)-Red

• Like 1

On 02/03/2024 at 12:09, Benji said:

So... Uhh... Someone come back to this post after you beat Cameron in Queen's Blood.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Leave it to Square Enix to give the fun card game it's own lore for the inevitable free-to-play mobile game 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I hope they lean into the drama super hard. I want my silly card game to be about stopping a world ending threat through the use of playing cards and friendship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yeah I'm completely sold on Queen's Blood, like Triple Triad mixed with Gwent.

The only thing thing it lacks that Triple Triad had (at least, as far as I am aware this far into the game)... the ability to turn cards into items. Or monsters into cards. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 16:21, gunnar hendershow said:

Chapter 4 side quest spoiler

Hide contents

This song is a fucking bop

So good!

The final Fort Condor is kicking my ass.

Edit: thankfully managed to beat it after my 10th try.

Also, I love that this game embraces the silly shit of the Final Fantasy world. Like, you can have your epic story but also.... chapter 4 quest spoiler 

Spoiler

Turn into a frog and fight some monsters and then play Frog Fall Guys

53 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ok it turns out reading an article that actually tells you how to play Queen's Blood instead of just trying to power through it based on what you think can make it a lot less frustrating to play.

Oops :blush: 

e9fT9Xr.jpg

• Like 1

Chapter 4, anyone managed to pressure the Fonadu in the optional combat encounter thing? I know you've got to evade his Death From Above ability, but he barely ever does it and it's super tight on timing. Very annoying. Bah.

12 minutes ago, probablyoliver said:

Chapter 4, anyone managed to pressure the Fonadu in the optional combat encounter thing? I know you've got to evade his Death From Above ability, but he barely ever does it and it's super tight on timing. Very annoying. Bah.

This was the fight that made me use Tifa for the first time. I managed to pull it off after several attempts having the same issues as you but switching to her seemed to help with getting the bar to climb. 

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Ok it turns out reading an article that actually tells you how to play Queen's Blood instead of just trying to power through it based on what you think can make it a lot less frustrating to play.

Oops :blush: 

Definitely feels like the most important part is to fill the board then drop your big cards at the end. Although I'm only on Chapter 2 so I'm sure it'll change.

2 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Definitely feels like the most important part is to fill the board then drop your big cards at the end. Although I'm only on Chapter 2 so I'm sure it'll change.

That was my issue. I'm used to laying back and letting the enemy come to me in these kinds of things but apparently the trick is to bum rush their asses :lol: