Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Chapter 9

Spoiler

There were some things out there early in reviews that the open world sometimes doesn't feel as grand as it could and while the Corel desert was drab it was also a desert. Gongaga however kinda stinks. Just so windy and hard to navigate, but with the exact same quests and collectibles as the other regions. Minor quibbles as most of this stuff can be skipped and in a small dose (as in, going through it just for the story) it won't feel particularly annoying.

But the magic of the Junon Region feels a distant memory.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Chapter 9

Hide contents

There were some things out there early in reviews that the open world sometimes doesn't feel as grand as it could and while the Corel desert was drab it was also a desert. Gongaga however kinda stinks. Just so windy and hard to navigate, but with the exact same quests and collectibles as the other regions. Minor quibbles as most of this stuff can be skipped and in a small dose (as in, going through it just for the story) it won't feel particularly annoying.

But the magic of the Junon Region feels a distant memory.

Spoiler

Yeah I felt like Corel Desert was pretty windy for no reason too, so many blocks in place to force you round 'the long way'. Gongaga seems even worse, it's strange as the first half of Corel felt probably as good as Junon.

Just so it doesn't look like I hate the game, the character development and how they all play in battle is absolutely fantastic.

It just feels like everything I wanted the story/characters to be in the original as a kid. Also the fact they've made Cait Sith fun to use deserves some praise too.

12 hours ago, Ruki said:

Cactuar Crush with Aerith sucks!

Also, I'm being a fool and doing most of the open area locations. Holy crap does it seem like Gongaga has a lot.

Gongaga was brutal at times. It was really the area that felt the mostly flawed in terms of execution. However the core storyline part of that region was fantastic - the main part of this game just doesn't fucking miss.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ruki said:

Cactuar Crush with Aerith sucks!

Also, I'm being a fool and doing most of the open area locations. Holy crap does it seem like Gongaga has a lot.

It burned me out eventually, away for work for two weeks now so can hopefully get back on it. Although I should have done what you did and spread my gaming a bit.

59 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Speaking of, I'm not sure what the late game QB looks like but right now in Chapter 10 the games are all cakewalks. Hoping there's some curveballs at the end of the road.

I just beat the Gongaga players with no issue. Maybe my deck is just awesome 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

I just beat the Gongaga players with no issue. Maybe my deck is just awesome 

I think the problem is if you do everything then you'll just get all these great cards (like you can clean up with adding top cards at the Gold Saucer). If you just play QB with the store bought decks and cards you win from the opponents it is likely a lot more balanced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

What is everyone's deck strategy? Mine is to get Midgarsomar on the board and just kill all units (mine and enemies) without remorse. 

Chocobo and Dio, plus a few boosting cards. I also have King Tonberry and the Death Rider(that destroys 4 squares) and a couple of archdragons.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, probablyoliver said:

Chapter 9 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if it's the same part but I just beat a boss as Teen Girl Squad...

Spoiler

I beat Scarlett and that was a hard fight! But now Cloud is just MURDERING people. Blood splatter and all.

CLOUD WHAT DID YOU DO

2 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Hide contents

I beat Scarlett and that was a hard fight! But now Cloud is just MURDERING people. Blood splatter and all.

Spoiler

Actually found that fight easy, think as I absolutely blitzed her in Yuffie's DLC. Although I seem to really struggle with some of the regular fights quite often.

59 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Hide contents

CLOUD WHAT DID YOU DO

Yep, that's exactly what I'm referring to. What a moment. I love how it's so different to the original yet so true to the mythos. I genuinely can't believe this game exists.

Like, it's definitely bloated and I'm going to have complaints about the open world and pacing for sure, but as a work of fan service it's absolutely phenomenal. This is the Avengers Endgame of Final Fantasy, it's big and messy and probably doesn't hold up to much scrutiny, but I've never had so much fun.

• Like 2