Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play it really heavy for awhile, beat it if its new, then stop for awhile. Its not really in constant rotation for me like Madden or NCAA Football are. I always end up coming back to them, though. Right now I'm mostly playing Madden 06 (don't ask why) and FFXII, but I think I might add FFX to that as well.

If it were my choice, I'd be re-playing FF9 right now. I seem to follow a 7 month cycle, where I'll pick up an FF at random (or because something reminds me what it's like), play it for 2 months on-and-off, then leave it for 5 months (or more, if you count the fact I rotate games).

I do the same things with books. It's just about the same length of time that I'll forget enough of the story to pick it up and read it again.

I should probably get that checked.

Sorry, I mean before VII was the only one I could find. Now theres more options I was wondering which one was better. I will probably get them all eventually anyway.

EDIT: You know what just completely disregard this question as I've just realised how much my FF XII questions are clogging up this thread anyway.

Edited by Mattman

Guest strongarm85

Thats why you should challenge yourself every once in a while with Final Fantasy Games. Instead of over leveling why not try under leveling. There are people who've beaten FFVII for instance with no characters in the end game over level 28.

It's still the better one. :P Though I've only seen IV played by others.

IV > You :P IV is my favourite Nintendo generation FF, has my favourite set of characters from pretty much any FF barring IX and a wonderful story, simple and effective battle/levelling system. It's pretty open in terms of where you can go considering the console it was originally on and the GBA remake only makes me love it more.

Guest strongarm85

As someone who has played and beaten all three games I'll give you my two cents.

One of the themes is IV is people sacraficing themselves to achieve the greater good. A lot of that applies to your party members as well. There is a big cast of unique characters in this game, and often times your party members come and go as the game progresses.

VI is a very good game. It has the widest caste of chracters of any Final Fantasy game, each with their own back grounds. Some represent every unique classes that rarely appear in other Final Fantasy titles. It was also the first time that Final Fanatasy ever stepped away from its medieval settings and they went Steam Punk this time.

VII is widely heralded as the greatest Final Fantasy game ever. It has its short comings, but over all its a very good game and Sephiroth is easily the coolest Final Fantasy villain ever, even if Kuja, Ultemecia, and Kefka are all easily stronger than Sephiroth.

VII is great graphically for its time, has a great epic story and is heaps of fun. Of course we all know the acclaim it recieved.

VI though, I love it. while the graphics are nothing compared to VII and onwards... its still a great, fun game with a whole bunch of cool characters (14 of them if I rememebr rightly).

Never played IV.. whats it like?

Also whats FF III on DS like? Any good?

When I finish FFXII Ima gonna re-play VI, VII, VIII (I only ever did this the once), IX and if I can be bothered X and X-2. Yeah, I can't afford a PS3 so I'm re-living all the others instead of anticipating XIII.

Also, the first time I finished VII I was at level 42.

VII is widely heralded as the greatest Final Fantasy game ever. It has its short comings, but over all its a very good game and Sephiroth is easily the coolest Final Fantasy villain ever, even if Kuja, Ultemecia, and Kefka are all easily stronger than Sephiroth.

Personally, I like Siefer from VIII more than Sephiroth. Sephiroth is cooler than Siefer, no doubt, but the way Sephiroth is utilized in VII downright sucks. I don't know which sucked more; the ending fight in VII or the ending of VIII.

My only problem with XII is I hate the way they changed summons; compared to previous games they're next to useless is most situations and you're better off just using quickenings 9 times out of 10.

(For the record, I've played Final Fantasy 7-8, 10 and 12, and the original Final Fantasy Tactics (original Playstation version, that is) - I skipped 9 because I heard 9 sucked and heard too many bad things about 11 to even bother with a free trial)

You started with so much love from me. Seifer is the coolest thing about FF ever, any game, any good guy, any bad guy, Seifer wins.

However, the end fight of 7 was awesome and the end of 8 is, aside from FFX, probably the best ending to any game not named Silent Hill that I have ever played.

And your biggest faux pas here... Final Fantasy 9 is immense. If I didn't love 8 so much (due to it being my first ff I completed) then 9 would be by farrrr my favourite PS1 game (Again not named Silent Hill). Everything about it is sooo awesome. Steiner, Freya... VIVI ffs... I would urge anyone to play that for Vivi, if nothing else.

Anyway nothing personal... you're just... wrong. Sorry :).

Rant over.

Guest strongarm85

VII is great graphically for its time, has a great epic story and is heaps of fun. Of course we all know the acclaim it recieved.

VI though, I love it. while the graphics are nothing compared to VII and onwards... its still a great, fun game with a whole bunch of cool characters (14 of them if I rememebr rightly).

Never played IV.. whats it like?

Also whats FF III on DS like? Any good?

When I finish FFXII Ima gonna re-play VI, VII, VIII (I only ever did this the once), IX and if I can be bothered X and X-2. Yeah, I can't afford a PS3 so I'm re-living all the others instead of anticipating XIII.

Also, the first time I finished VII I was at level 42.