Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the original Tactics. Very enjoyable in all regards and one of my favourite games ever. I'm one of the few people who seemingly played it the very day it came out though. Too few know the loveliness of that game.

It's also one of the few Final Fantasy's I've actually bothered to complete wholly more than once (instead of starting and stopping at some random mid point). I even had a few straight character challenges done too (Ninja, Knight and Geomancer in particular are quite fun).

War of the Lions is a decent enough upgrade that brought back the enjoyment of the game for me after not playing it for a few years. My only problem really is you can't suspend play, which any good portable game should allow, especially one that can actually take a chunk of time to finish a mission.

I've been playing VII and IX recently.

I got my first Gold Chocobo in FF7, too ( ^_^ for getting it; but :bang: for its one damn use being to get KoTR) - and now I just need to train the crap out of my team before I take on the Northern Crater so that Tifa doesn't get KOed when Bizarro Sephiroth hits her with Bolt3.

With IX, I'm in Lindblum at the beginning of the game. It's a great game, but there are times when I think 'Less talking, more fighting, dammit!' Vivi kicks major amounts of ass, like always.

I always hated those boss fights against Beatrix.

Those are still the only series of fights where I was going "Dammit, not again..." every time I had to fight her, and not because she was a shitty boss - but because with my usually-underleveled characters, she was a difficult boss.

Interestingly that actually leads me to something I meant to say the other day. I KNOW, not think, I KNOW why I don't enjoy XII so much. There's no real decent recurring bosses, sure you fight Cid a few times, but you don't even SEE Vayne that much except for cut scenes and there's no real recurring bosses, I barely even count the judges as one because most of them are almost dead in personality.

As for hating Beatrix, I loved her, she was a genuine challenge and even when you did beat her you never actually did so, I would have loved for her to join your final party, but her final fate was good enough too, someone needed to lead the charge.