Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Right laaaaads, I've decided to actually commit myself to play/replay a Final Fantasy game, anything from IV-VIII or X.

IV, V or VI I've never played, barring the first half hour of each (maybe even a little less than that for IV). VII I replayed last year, and did everything bar kill Ruby/Emerald (I'd always planned to, but now I no longer have my super save. Grr), but I'm getting urges to play it again. VIII is long overdue a replay, yet I can't remember how much I actually liked it. I know I always raved about it, but I also know there's some stuff I hated about it. X I never actually completed, I played through to Sin, and never finished it.

So choose for me, EWB. Choose for me now.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now come to realise with a SMALL but of tweaking, the timing of the letter is actually perfect and could potentially make the story more interesting, but you'll have to put up with a lack of Vivi for a while :D

Also, Ollie, do VIII, I think I want to try playing it again and actually bothering to complete it (I've beaten all the bosses but not quite done everything on it), so I may well join you.

I "acquired" VI and will begin playing it tonight. I'm half tempted to do it while listening to my music though, so any views on which parts of the game I should turn the soundtrack on? I know I'll be turning it on for the Starlight and Darkness bit which is supposed to be the opera. The Black Mages version of it was orgasmic.

Edited by Clawson

Ruki, if you like dragoons, how can you look past 6? Sure, there's no dedicated Dragoon class/character, but Dragon Horn + Master's Scroll/Offering = 4x Jump, and therefore 4x Dragoon!

And definitely, keep the stock music on, for three reasons:

1) Kefka

2) "Dancing Mad"

3) Gogo

And Gau's theme, which is in either one of the towns or montages. My pianist actually played that song at my wedding, and one of my grandmothers thought it was very nice until she found out it was from a video game.

Been playing FF XII a fair bit when I get chance. I returned to the Roctoise now at level 18 (I was originally at the recommended leevl of 11 and got whupped) and klcked his ass. A chain of about 8 quickenings followed by an onsalught at the hands of Belias followed by another chain of 3 quickenings finally finished the bastard off.

I am finding that at the minute using a combination of Belias and Quickenings seems to be an easy route to winning any Boss battles of the tougher hunts.

Also Balthier's new gun 'The Sirius' kicks all kinds of ass. Dealing roughly 800-1000 damage each shot whereas all my other characters seem to land between 200-500 damage each time.