Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

It was wonderful when I got it on release day and had been waiting for a new FF, let alone a PS3 FF, for years.

It remained wonderful up until I was about 4/5 of the way through the game, at which point it became a chore to continue doing the same damn thing with no chance of levelling, side quests or anything but the story. It's crazy linear. If you like FF, you'll probably enjoy it at least for a while, but don't be surprised if after you finally reach XIII's version of The Calm Lands (where everyone says the game REALLY OPENS UP) you find yourself unable to continue. If it's going for cheap, it'd probably be worth it if you've got something else a little more fun to play alongside it.

Saying that, I'd probably have beaten it if I didn't get stuck on one boss near the end and never gotten around to playing the game again.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot of fun if you love corridors and hate choice.

Also if you hate sidequests. Seriously, that was what made Final Fantasy so fun a lot of the time. Fuck Enix, it's since they merged with Squaresoft that the games went so far downhill :@

....I didn't even realize this. You're right!!!

FUCK ENIX!!!!

squaresoft.gif

• Like 1

Today I was getting a massage when I realizied in the background Tifa's Theme (piano version) was playing. After thinking "sweet", ten minutes later I noticed Fisherman's Horizon kicking in.

In other words, I found my new massuese.

I see people do this a lot and usually just roll my eyes but fuck it. +1 and I wish I could a million fucking times.

• Like 2

Today I was getting a massage when I realizied in the background Tifa's Theme (piano version) was playing. After thinking "sweet", ten minutes later I noticed Fisherman's Horizon kicking in.

That is seriously amazing. I love the Fisherman's Horizon theme!

Ask her to dress up as Rikku for your next appointment.

What? :shifty:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Dissidia 012. Soooooo good. Laguna is an excellent addition to the cast, especially as a mid-range fighter. It's good because through the storyline, I've learned that I suck at long range (Kuja). I've noticed that it's faster to do a dodge than to wait for Laguna to reload his gun, and most of the time, it avoids the enemies follow up attack anyway.

I've not had any qualms with any of the new cast yet, but I've still yet to use Kain or Tifa.

Yuna is an interesting fighter, with spectacular vertical range, but limited horizontally.

I like the entire concept behind Lightning, switching between paradigms and what not. After seeing how well it's pulled of here, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the mechanics behind this make their way to XIII-2.

The way they've integrated Vaan is a stroke of genius. His HP attacks work surprisingly well, and provided you switch bravery attacks every time you strike, you'll switch weapons, and actually combo faster. Hard to master, but an easy concept to pick up.

As far as versing any of the new ones goes, Kain is a horrible Jump spammer. Got caught out once with one of the 1HP manikins, and had my arse kicked while he repeatedly death from aboved me. :(

Laguna is definitely my favourite from the new cast, which is a nice change given that Zidane was my fave in the last one.

And yes, this is now getting some serious play time while I wait for some trades in pokemon >.<

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually started a second playthrough a couple days ago and am enjoying it, I actually really like the paradigm system. Because of how incredibly linear it is it's probably the worst FF I've played, but it's still not a bad game. I'd get it for $20.